Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally... took most the weekend to get this far. Got lights. There are off Amazon, and honestly I'm not too impressed with the light output, but they were $76.00 for 10 so I guess I shouldn't complain. See how long they last. Eventually they will get replaced and these will end up in the basement. Still have to finish taping joints and a few more insulation panels to get up.

Attachments

• 20240924_142811.jpg
    20240924_142811.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Finally... took most the weekend to get this far. Got lights. There are off Amazon, and honestly I'm not too impressed with the light output, but they were $76.00 for 10 so I guess I shouldn't complain. See how long they last. Eventually they will get replaced and these will end up in the basement. Still have to finish taping joints and a few more insulation panels to get up.
Those look like mine. Got a link? They may not work in a high bay like yours, but in a basement, they work wonders.

IMO goose is better than most duck other than mallard, wood duck, teal, and redhead. Canada goose is better than snow/blue.

Sandhill cranes (protected by our idiots in MN but huntable other places) is supposed to be amazing. Also swan (not huntable unless you are native) is supposed to be really good.
Interesting…

So a question for those familiar with engines on riders. ( I'm a 2 stroke only guy) I've been roped into working on a rider and it's giving me fits. My question is, knowing the case got flooded with gas due to a bad carb seal, could there be valve and or push rod damage and could it cause a " runs only on choke situation?"

I’ve noticed they take longer to load, but they do eventually load View attachment 1207004
Why fix it if it ain't broke. They are a far cry from the fifties though with the Displacement on Demand, variable cam timing and direct injection. Makes them much more expensive to fix though! We used to have enough small block chevy parts in storage that we almost never had to buy new when we needed to fix one.

It was, just not as tender as I prefer. I think where a lot of people go wrong is in thinking that it's wild game so they have to make sure it's well done. That's where ducks and geese get the reputation of being "tough and gamey". As long as it's treated like the piece of red meat that it is and you make sure that it's still nice and pink on the inside, I find it quite enjoyable.
Sounds a lot like venison! The mistake most folks make is over cooking it!

Those look like mine. Got a link? They may not work in a high bay like yours, but in a basement, they work wonders.
Bbounder 10 Pack Linkable LED Utility Shop Light, 4400 LM, 6500K Cool Daylight, 4 FT, 48 Inch Integrated Fixture for Garage, 40W Equivalent 250W, Surface + Suspension Mount, Black https://a.co/d/9NV5eib
Sorry, paid $79.99 for them. They arnt horrible, but not nearly as bright as the add and reviews suggest. When my wife came home was surprised at the lack of light as well. The 4 old Walmart led shop lights I had hung temporarily lit the shop up nearly as well as these 10.
So a question for those familiar with engines on riders. ( I'm a 2 stroke only guy) I've been roped into working on a rider and it's giving me fits. My question is, knowing the case got flooded with gas due to a bad carb seal, could there be valve and or push rod damage and could it cause a " runs only on choke situation?"
Carb issue all the way, 2 different issues. One the needle seat must be hanging open to allow the carb to flood the engine. Not unusual. The runs on choke only is an Internal blockage in the carb. Usually it's in the idle circuit issue, but don't rule out the main circuit either.

Bbounder 10 Pack Linkable LED Utility Shop Light, 4400 LM, 6500K Cool Daylight, 4 FT, 48 Inch Integrated Fixture for Garage, 40W Equivalent 250W, Surface + Suspension Mount, Black https://a.co/d/9NV5eib
Sorry, paid $79.99 for them. They arnt horrible, but not nearly as bright as the add and reviews suggest. When my wife came home was surprised at the lack of light as well. The 4 old Walmart led shop lights I had hung temporarily lit the shop up nearly as well as these 10.

Carb issue all the way, 2 different issues. One the needle seat must be hanging open to allow the carb to flood the engine. Not unusual. The runs on choke only is an Internal blockage in the carb. Usually it's in the idle circuit issue, but don't rule out the main circuit either.
Also they arnt real 4 foot lights, the housings over all length is short of 4 foot and the light tubes are closer to 3 foot. Over all was a cheap out on my part just to get some light in the shop.

Thanks. I fixed the flooding thing. That was a bad deal. ( Nikki carb) I've ran a wire through every hole in the carb and sprayed through them with carb cleaner. All seems open.

I need to order some for the 12x24 shop area with 8' lids, and the main 32x48x12, still not sure what to order. Don't want them too bright, but surely don't want them to be dim either.

I need to order some for the 12x24 shop area with 8' lids, and the main 32x48x12, still not sure what to order. Don't want them too bright, but surely don't want them to be dim either.
We were out again around 9:30pm last night, and they are adequate to see and do things, but just not great at getting the light to the floor level. 12 foot ceilings. I think we're going to wait till the end of year sales and get something else, with deflectors. Sounds like she wants to try them out in the basement when we get different lights for the shop. I think with the lower ceiling they will be fine.
Honestly, I'm being picky and I like bright lights. I can always turn some off of it don't need the extra lights.

We were out again around 9:30pm last night, and they are adequate to see and do things, but just not great at getting the light to the floor level. 12 foot ceilings. I think we're going to wait till the end of year sales and get something else, with deflectors. Sounds like she wants to try them out in the basement when we get different lights for the shop. I think with the lower ceiling they will be fine.
Honestly, I'm being picky and I like bright lights. I can always turn some off of it don't need the extra lights.
Thanks.
A buddy got some(also on amazon) for around 180, they are 8' advertised, said they are very bright. I don't want too dark or too bright, I thought maybe something that's dimmable? I"m just not that familiar with lighting products, so I have no idea what will work the best. I do know that the ole eyes aint what they used to be :oops:.

Thanks.
A buddy got some(also on amazon) for around 180, they are 8' advertised, said they are very bright. I don't want too dark or too bright, I thought maybe something that's dimmable? I"m just not that familiar with lighting products, so I have no idea what will work the best. I do know that the ole eyes aint what they used to be :oops:.
I'd be curious to know what he went with, if you don't mind asking. I initially had a 10 pack of 8 foot lights picked out, for around $200.00. Just didn't think I needed the extra light since my temporary lights lit the shop up pretty well. (Almost as good as the 10 lights I just got.)

Thanks. I fixed the flooding thing. That was a bad deal. ( Nikki carb) I've ran a wire through every hole in the carb and sprayed through them with carb cleaner. All seems open.
It's possible there's a fuel supply issue too. Screen in the tank clogged up slowing fuel flow. Would be helpful to know what it's on/ what engine it is. Possibly point you in a better direction. There are some passages you won't be able to rod out depending on the carb configuration. Makes it difficult to diagnose. Does it surge while running without the choke, or on partial choke or just not run at all without the choke?

I'm not a small engine guy, but I'm going to say it's very unlikely. On the other hand, I have seen plenty of connecting rods bent by
sea water, coolant and raw fuel intrusion.

Latest posts

Back