Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This builder probably bought a big kit too.

I've used spray foam for years. It really works to cut down on airflow and seal up a leaky house but it is very, very important to use the right one. One of my first attempts used the max expansion around a window which warped it enough that I had to remove the window. Ugh...

I've used spray foam for years. It really works to cut down on airflow and seal up a leaky house but it is very, very important to use the right one. One of my first attempts used the max expansion around a window which warped it enough that I had to remove the window. Ugh...
For sure! The only type I haven’t used is the one intended to be an adhesive. I don’t know if they even sell that anymore… haven’t noticed it for sale.

For sure! The only type I haven’t used is the one intended to be an adhesive. I don’t know if they even sell that anymore… haven’t noticed it for sale.
They still sell one that turns from a foam into a gel, kinda weird. So many of these products we won't know how well they work for many yrs to come.

Froze my rear off this morning

Had to come in to warm up

Jumped three at 5:30, the moon light was ridiculously bright

was hoping something would come back my way, but there is always this afternoon
View attachment 1212653
I jumped this one today while pouring a cup of Joe :drinkingcoffee:. Went to my bathroom and grabbed my .17 for the glass, and my phone for the pic. Wouldn't have been the worse shot if it was a 12ga slug, but he walked back and forth 3 or 4 times like it was a game as I tried to remember what my settings on the scope and the camera were the last time or I'd have gotten a head cam shot 📷 😆.
IMG_0100.jpg

Froze my rear off this morning

Had to come in to warm up

Jumped three at 5:30, the moon light was ridiculously bright

was hoping something would come back my way, but there is always this afternoon
View attachment 1212653
Hunting deer when there is a nearly full moon has always been a problem… It seems the deer move around all night and hunker down when the hunters can hunt. Years ago I resorted to still hunting and continuously scanning with good binoculars to find them bedded down. It’s much more intense hunting than sitting. Now… I’m hunting with the flintlock and mix it up… natural ground cover and still hunting. Hopefully I can get out a bit… all depends on mom’s needs.

In a day and age when encyclopedias have disappeared and school kids are told to get their information from the internet, it is scarry how much the information is being manipulated to re-write history.

It is really a much bigger problem than most people realize, and results in brainwashing that the victims don't realize.

Leave tomorrow morning at 4am for my yearly hunting trip with my best buddy, bringing my nephew for the first time. Praying he gets a chance at a decent one
Best of luck Matt, glad Chis can go (and did not get called in for the storm damage). Hope he did some practice with his guns and cleaned them properly.

I pay a lot of attention to properly cleaning my barrel ... the first shot is most important and if it does not fly true you are in trouble.

In a day and age when encyclopedias have disappeared and school kids are told to get their information from the internet, it is scarry how much the information is being manipulated to re-write history.

It is really a much bigger problem than most people realize, and results in brainwashing that the victims don't realize.
That's a fact. Look at some of the topics that get covered on this very forum. Guys with zero experience ask questions about felling trees, running equipment and heating their homes and take advice from whoever responds to them.

That's a fact. Look at some of the topics that get covered on this very forum. Guys with zero experience ask questions about felling trees, running equipment and heating their homes and take advice from whoever responds to them.
Nextdoor is a comedy show for me… people who know nothing making recommendations for services. When you look at the photos of the work you have to laugh… For example, a “plumber” who directly glued pvc and abs together under a sink with no trap. “Nobody else could fix it.” 😂

What lake did you fish? I caught my one and only Grayling on a back packing trip in Glacier. Only about 8" though. Those look nice. Keep or release?
It's Rogers Lake, but not the one in Glacier park. The Grayling get released, but they sure are fun to catch. The ones in the pics are around 16" and they love to run. Also some chunky trout in there.
20241012_100129.jpg

Had a good morning out ducking. My buddy recently drove a good ways down into the US to pick up a boat with a mud motor. They are very uncommon here and not sold in Canada as far as I'm aware. With his new boat we were able to get way up a small creek/marsh system that is very far from any other points of access. There was about 10 spots where I would have said NOPE in preservation of my lower unit lol. The result was a two man limit of wood ducks that had not seen hunting pressure yet. Can't wait to enjoy some tonight. Messenger_creation_A511FFDB-74E3-4561-ACBF-59C8EDACB24B.jpeg

Had a good morning out ducking. My buddy recently drove a good ways down into the US to pick up a boat with a mud motor. They are very uncommon here and not sold in Canada as far as I'm aware. With his new boat we were able to get way up a small creek/marsh system that is very far from any other points of access. There was about 10 spots where I would have said NOPE in preservation of my lower unit lol. The result was a two man limit of wood ducks that had not seen hunting pressure yet. Can't wait to enjoy some tonight. View attachment 1212719
Sheesh...could you leave some for us in the states? :innocent: I'm just messing with ya! Nice limit! Lots of good eats.

Latest posts

Back