Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attempted to, usually lands on the opposite side.

Nah, I'd do it the way I did even with the DNR right here. As long as it's in front of the gill plate if you want to keep them. If they're older and I accidentally get one in the tail, I just walk right up the shore and drag them in, when they're fresh, there ain't no chance of that.
No judgment here...as long as they're hooked in the face I don't care. They head up the rivers to die anyway. I've caught plenty of salmon in the rivers on crankbaits. Just have to hang that bait in front of the redd long enough and they'll get territorial and smash it.

It's always a hoot to hook into a pretty fresh 20 lb king in skinny water!

Sheesh...could you leave some for us in the states? :innocent: I'm just messing with ya! Nice limit! Lots of good eats.
Thanks man! I think we are about one more good frost away from the small ducks getting the heck out of dodge and then they are all yours!

We got a 3rd nice buck on the trail cam yesterday morning. May not be a legal shooter but is obviously a mature buck.

This shows what is wrong with NYS's 3 pt rule ... it lets genetic defects survive!
View attachment 1212669
Good evening Mike.
How long do you think it takes those pictures to come thru once the camera takes them, a buddy of mine was wondering and I have no idea.

This is for Matt lol.

No judgment here...as long as they're hooked in the face I don't care. They head up the rivers to die anyway. I've caught plenty of salmon in the rivers on crankbaits. Just have to hang that bait in front of the redd long enough and they'll get territorial and smash it.

It's always a hoot to hook into a pretty fresh 20 lb king in skinny water!
I couldn't care less, I really get a kick out of the "catch and release" sticker crowd, as if they are so kind to the fish. I've often told people just how stupid it is, and used deer "fishing" as an example. Imagine having a pole with a nice hook(we'll make it barbless for the real critics) on it and some corn, along comes a deer and grabs it, off to the races it goes, and after a nice fight and it hitting a few trees I tackle it and pull the hook out, then after getting my pic with it I let it go. Yeah, it sounds so nice when you say it 🤣.
Yep, they're all gonna die anyway, line them, outright snag them, piss them off with a spoon in the morning, don't matter to me, just don't do any of them right next to me or in the spot I'm fishing, that's just bad edict 😀.
Yeah, I'm gonna try to get out with a buddy and do some steelhead steelheading this fall, always nice having them slam a fly after catching a bunch of big nasty salmon 😅. But, early season silver bullets, ain't much like them here in Michigan.

I couldn't care less, I really get a kick out of the "catch and release" sticker crowd, as if they are so kind to the fish. I've often told people just how stupid it is, and used deer "fishing" as an example. Imagine having a pole with a nice hook(we'll make it barbless for the real critics) on it and some corn, along comes a deer and grabs it, off to the races it goes, and after a nice fight and it hitting a few trees I tackle it and pull the hook out, then after getting my pic with it I let it go. Yeah, it sounds so nice when you say it 🤣.
Yep, they're all gonna die anyway, line them, outright snag them, piss them off with a spoon in the morning, don't matter to me, just don't do any of them right next to me or in the spot I'm fishing, that's just bad edict 😀.
Yeah, I'm gonna try to get out with a buddy and do some steelhead steelheading this fall, always nice having them slam a fly after catching a bunch of big nasty salmon 😅. But, early season silver bullets, ain't much like them here in Michigan.
Back when I was obsessed with steelheadin' I released 100 for every 2 I took home. It had NOTHING to do with preserving the resource, I simply wanted to pound fish and very few people wanted them for table fare. Same thing when I went through the walleye phase, it got to the point where I was producing more than I cared to deal with at 3:00 AM on a workday. Bluegills on the other hand, are a different story. Hand sized gills are in short supply around here, and a greedy slob can do severe damage in short order.

Attempted to, usually lands on the opposite side.

Nah, I'd do it the way I did even with the DNR right here. As long as it's in front of the gill plate if you want to keep them. If they're older and I accidentally get one in the tail, I just walk right up the shore and drag them in, when they're fresh, there ain't no chance of that.

Some trucks
Should be in the WTF threadView attachment 1212680
Not WTF, it is Dino, The Sinclair Oil dinosaur. Froom the days when we all used dinosaur oil, not synthetic.

Back