Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the muskegon is much nicer. Big bummer is the shallow spots can suck(really need a jet), and it's a gnarly wind tunnel, which can mess you up in various ways. The other thing that I dislike about the muskegon, it all the zebra mussels, although it does seem to be getting better now. No, center pin was just getting popular when I was hitting it hard, as was all the large arbor reels. There was a guy not far from where I live who was turning some real nice center pin setups, but for the cash and what we were typically doing I didn't see the need. My roommate had a jet 21'(iirc), nice drift boat, all sage rods and large arbor reels, I could use any of it I needed/wanted when we were on the river together, but I preferred the feel of my g-loomis rod so I usually just ran that. Unfortunately he's doing the same thing as your old @GrizG roommate :innocent:, so we probably won't be doing any fishing together.
I looked greg up, the name sounds familiar, but I don't think I know him. Looks like he does a great job out there, but if his prices are the norm, I won't be getting into anyone's boat. Maybe my buddy will buy a nice one :), then again, he'd probably want to store it in my barn lol.
I haven't been out with him since 2018, and I believe he was at $400 for a full day back then. It ain't cheap, but you only go around once.

"I preferred the feel of my g-loomis rod so I usually just ran that......"
Loomis rods are about as good as it gets for fishing the northwest!
Anybody that's fished in the last 40 years owes Gary Loomis a debt of gratitude. Even the cheapest $20 Wal-Mart rods are descendants of his hard work and innovation.

This $50 Shakespeare ultra light paired with a Mitchell 308 has been the go to trout rig for years. Those Loomis rods sure are nice , just not a big time spender.
View attachment 1212919
Exactly what I'm saying. That handle is a Loomis design, copied and built in China. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a fact.

I had nice weekend up north again. My wife and I went went to a friend's wedding reception yesterday.
Today I went for a nice 2.8 mile grouse walk. We moved 4 birds and got one.20241020_082828.jpg20241020_090635.jpg
Twas a great day.
Now I get to winterize the pool. It's a pain but it sure is nice to jump in on those 90° days.

I had nice weekend up north again. My wife and I went went to a friend's wedding reception yesterday.
Today I went for a nice 2.8 mile grouse walk. We moved 4 birds and got one.View attachment 1212931View attachment 1212933
Twas a great day.
Now I get to winterize the pool. It's a pain but it sure is nice to jump in on those 90° days.
Lions won, Packers won, Vikings LOST.

This $50 Shakespeare ultra light paired with a Mitchell 308 has been the go to trout rig for years. Those Loomis rods sure are nice , just not a big time spender.
View attachment 1212919
Heck I thought you'd stihl be using Zebco 202.:crazy2:The local farmers fair was yesterday and they had a guy playing guitar for entertainment. I was surprised to hear him play "Friend of the Devil".:rock:

Heck I thought you'd stihl be using Zebco 202. The local farmers fair was yesterday and they had a guy playing guitar for entertainment. I was surprised to hear him play "Friend of the Devil".
Did have one as a kid! Dig the Mitchell reels nowadays. That's a good tune to cover for a guy and his geetar.
"Spent the night in Utah in a cave up in the hills"

Back