Shifting gears...Just got in this Disston DA-211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen some scratchers that were seriously sharp and would easily outcut chippers, but I must admit I've had no luck trying to sharpen them. Sawbones knows how.
Dean:cheers:

Dean,

If you look at the results from the 2011 Baraboo WI vintage race you will see what a sharp scratcher chain will do on a 7HP Disston versus all other 2 mans present that day. The owner of the ole Disston had that chain SHARP:rock:

The saw as it sits today, a far cry from what I started with a few weeks ago. I won't get much more done till spring other than adding replacement handgrips.

Chris B.

P1000423Custom_zpsd18da5b0.jpg

P1000420Custom_zps454006b8.jpg

P1000419Custom_zps94d9471c.jpg

P1000422Custom_zps66c972a8.jpg

I've seen some scratchers that were seriously sharp and would easily outcut chippers, but I must admit I've had no luck trying to sharpen them. Sawbones knows how.
Dean:cheers:

I have never had to sharpen one but my freind Natalie has done a few and they came out pretty good.

The key is to have some jigs or sets to follow.

This machine was designed to sharpen scratcher chain and sits at our local museum.

scratchermachine002.jpg

scratchermachine003.jpg

scratchermachine004.jpg

scratchermachine005.jpg

scratchermachine006.jpg

Hey little possum, I tried to send a PM but your inbox is full....again.

Anyway, I got the shoes today and swapped only one out. It sure is alot of fun jamming those clutch halves back together but I figured out a couple little tricks and made it real easy.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back