Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see the piston too It might have been straight gassed.
That’s what I hope for when I bought this saw. But it’s strange that it’s been obviously in use for a while even the gas residue appears to be mixed. It’s unlikely the same person using it before put straight gas in it.

That’s what I hope for when I bought this saw. But it’s strange that it’s been obviously in use for a while even the gas residue appears to be mixed. It’s unlikely the same person using it before put straight gas in it.
I get a lot of 2 stroke equipment that was straight gassed but the customer will pour it out and put premix in and then lie about it, sometimes they try and fix things and do damage also and same thing they don't tell me what they did and I have to try and fix what they did and it takes me longer to diagnose when they do things like that.

Air leak, somewhere from crank seals, gaskets, intake boot ripped. Check the carb adjustment screws very carefully, count how many turns out they are at now they should be around 1 out on each one.
Intake boot looks good, gasket is falling apart when I take cylinder off. Don’t know where the crank seals are, I’ll have to look for them.

Latest posts

Back