Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, you guys..............i agree it may look a little big on an 064, however if was going to fall with it everyday it would get a wrap of some type. i realize you guys aren't fallers. for general fire wood duty and occasional falling, i spose it don't matter.

would a factory 660 3/4 wrap work with the standard brake handle?
No. That's what we were complaining about. The wrap handle between the 064/066 is the same, but each has two different options for brake handles, one for the wrap, one for without. The 064 3/4 wrap brake handle is NLA and just about impossible to find...

i ran into that on my 660..........there is actually several numbers that will work on a 660 but not listed. i wonder if there is more than one that will work on a 064?

i had to replace the handle on my 660 a few years ago, turns out it clears the 3/4 wrap even tho it isn't listed as the 3/4 wrap brake handle.......to many numbers lol.

They definitely over-complicated the situation. They could've designed one brake handle that would work for each saw no matter which handle was used... :rolleyes:

I believe I looked at the start of my project and the 9105 or the 660 with a spacer were the only two options with the OEM wrap. When I heard the USA bar from Madsens would work with the 9100 handle I had to see it to believe it. Gunnusmc03 sent over about eight pics of his. Made my mind up. Liked that bar the first time I saw it on Brads 440!

I believe I looked at the start of my project and the 9105 or the 660 with a spacer were the only two options with the OEM wrap. When I heard the USA bar from Madsens would work with the 9100 handle I had to see it to believe it. Gunnusmc03 sent over about eight pics of his. Made my mind up. Liked that bar the first time I saw it on Brads 440!
That's great but those are NLA too.

I went with something different, I'll post up pics as soon as my saw shows up from Tenn. I'm thinking Monday night I'll have the saw in hand. :D

Is there any chance of heating up the old half wrap compatible brake handle and reshaping the handle slightly so that it works with all wrap handles? Like dunk it in boiling water until it gets malleable and bend it slightly so it has enough clearance to disengage the chain brake ?

Is there any chance of heating up the old half wrap compatible brake handle and reshaping the handle slightly so that it works with all wrap handles? Like dunk it in boiling water until it gets malleable and bend it slightly so it has enough clearance to disengage the chain brake ?
No idea mine came with no chain brake whatsoever! I would like to have both side by side and see what the difference is.

I just today finally got mine back from Mastermind. Well here's a pic with a 25" bar I had layin' around. It starts up real easy with just a couple pulls. I added the tall clutch cover and the full wrap and, of course, the chainbrake doesn't disengage. :mad: You can see the wrap handle is straight and the chainbrake handle is angled... Frickin' saw designers. :rolleyes:
image.jpg

I'm pretty sure the HD filter base will screw right onto the tank in place of the other base. I won't have my part numbers till tomorrow.

Doesnt the filter base just go in place of the filter? Here is the part and the number. I believe you would just need the base, filter and filter cover. 1122 140 1001 is the filter cover.
6eva2yhy.jpg

I'm not positive. I've never had a plastic filter model in-hand. Could it really be that easy? Haha

Good idea. More pics, Deet!

And yeah, it aint that easy to find a mag base in good/new condition.

Latest posts

Back