Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the the filter base has to be changed now 2 bases 1 for compensated carbs and one without check your ipl and pics

Roger that. I just prefer to buy from guys on here, or dealer parts if still in inventory.

IMG_20140703_152034.jpg

I just put the HD filter on my own 064 a few weeks ago. Parts were really hard to find, here. I just needed the plate that replace the classic filter, the filter (mine is a HD2, but he fit perfectly), and of course the cover. There should be another part between the plate and the filter, a kind of pre-filter, but it wasn't available, and the saw run great like this!

Haddoc, can you take some more pics so we can see what you did?

IMG_20140804_123129.jpg IMG_20140804_123122.jpg

Like a say, there's just a missing part that shoulg be inside the filter (looks like another filter). But the saw seems fine like this.

The plate for the HD2 filter has no seal like the one from ebay on the last page, because the seal is on the filter.

So, you just need the plate, the filter (and the smaller filter that goes inside the filter if you want), and of course the cover!

Back