Stihl 064 Rebuild and Restoration!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok the oil line is in! Hope oil flows through it! Can anyone explain why? Just why? Brad and Randy or anyone else that says the oil line is easy please make a video and show us how its done!
uqesynys.jpg
I think that brass nipple needs pushed in further up by the chain also. Looking good!!!

I don't 'need' one, but someday I would like to obtain a nice 064. I really admire them.

Great thread on a great saw model!

Thanks

I agree. The MS660 is a nice saw, and it was a piece of cake for it to cut my wedding cake, so to speak, but I'd rather have a like new 064 any day. Too bad parts are so hard to find. I wish Stihl treated their parts stock like Shop Smith does. My 1956 greenie can be repaired completely with parts still available.

I want to do a complete pull-apart of an 024 and 036 I have. I have an 026 with a beat up leaky case, and the late o24 with castings for the side adjust has a nearly pristine case. Looks like it would work if I could figure out how to switch cranks. The 036 is also pristine, but somehow corrosion got to the crank bearings and a bit of the inside of the case.I'm afraid someone would have to walk me through the case part step by step, though....

Hardest one I had finding was the mythical 3/4 brake handle but otherwise everything else seems plentiful.
Ya that brake handle was on my long list of parts to find. Really glad a member here clued me in that the regular 9100 brake handle functions as it should with Madsens factory wrap handle. Thanks buddy!

064 parts aren't hard to come by, they can get pricey though.
Glad to hear that. I remember Andy (Lakeside53) sold Bowtie a real nice one for cheap years ago, and I said if he ever sold it I wanted a shot at it. Well he sold it to someone else. It was pristine.
Oh well. I like the 056 Mag 2, although it's a bit heavy. Used it a lot yesterday.

3Saws 7-2-14.jpg

Well here i go building another thanks dan I was at the dealer the other day asked do you have a case for a 064 he checks and yep still available

Here what ya get when u got cad

[
6yvepygy.jpg

So the hunt is on to get the parts for another saw build

Ordered a new handle tank with all the parts 38 to be exact

Got piston ks cyl crank gaskets bearings flywheel rings seals vent top cover filter cover carb

Now im not sure what to do with my original saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]

Well here i go building another thanks dan I was at the dealer the other day asked do you have a case for a 064 he checks and yep still available

Here what ya get when u got cad

[
6yvepygy.jpg

So the hunt is on to get the parts for another saw build

Ordered a new handle tank with all the parts 38 to be exact

Got piston ks cyl crank gaskets bearings flywheel rings seals vent top cover filter cover carb

Now im not sure what to do with my original saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]

Wow!

Sell it to me if it's still good...

My first try with that stinkin oil line was crap, but my 2nd and third were good.
For one thing, I read the instructions in the Service Manual!

Back