Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that one will work, (is it connected to a saw)? I need either the #0000 400 1300 or the #1122 1311 A

I've got a -1300 right out of a MS390 I parted out. That's the 'universal' Stihl coil that fits ~75% of all their saws. New genuine Ducati are available for $30+ shipping.

Jimbo

Nice info Jacob. It reminds me of the scene in My Cousin Vinny. LOL (she's hot)

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-NsYBrTp9U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-NsYBrTp9U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

The 0000 400 1300 coil is the universal coil used on most of Stihl's small and medium saws. It is not the same coil as the ones used on the poly-flywheel saws like the 066/660 and the 046/460. Those coils have a proprietary timing circuit in them that makes up for the variations in magnet timing and flex that the poly flywheels have at high speeds.

The 1122 400 1311 coil came on later 064s and metal flywheel 066s just prior to the change to the poly flywheel in the later 066s. The 1311 coils are notorious for their short life span. They can be replaced with the universal module (0000 400 1300).

thanks jacob!
now what do you know about 020av coils? ;)

mfaller:
jimbo already has you covered.:)
if you and jimbo can't work it out let me know. armed with jacobs info im 99% i can find you one in the pile.

I've got a -1300 right out of a MS390 I parted out. That's the 'universal' Stihl coil that fits ~75% of all their saws. New genuine Ducati are available for $30+ shipping.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Anybody have a Stihl 064 cylinder kicking around? I'm doing up a low-buck project for a buddy.

I'm also looking for a Husky 362/365/371/372 carcass and a 394 cylinder...

I have lots to trade.

thanks jacob!
now what do you know about 020av coils? ;)

The 020AV uses the 0000 400 1306 module, which is the same as the 009/010/011/012 saws, 020T/MS-200T/MS-200, 021, 023, 025, FS-160, FS-180, FS-220, and FS-280. So there should easily be one available in someone's junk pile somewhere. I sent a member one a while back for his MS-200T and mine had come out of an 009 and it worked perfectly.

I need a wrist pin bearing for an 038 Super rebuild I'm doing. What other saws use the same wrist pin bearing (we all KNOW there's an interchange ;) ) so I can shop for one?

Jimbo

Anybody have a Stihl 064 cylinder kicking around? I'm doing up a low-buck project for a buddy.

I'm also looking for a Husky 362/365/371/372 carcass and a 394 cylinder...

I have lots to trade.

so, now i know what it feels like jacob.

what were you thinking...

i had two 064 cylinders.....

still have one left!

well i got a new project for someone it's a stihl 021 and looks like it has fell off a truck and hit the road hard that i got in a trade. but the motor turns a littel but the pull rope cover and the bar and chain and the bar and chain cover and top cover is missing but i'm offering it for parts.i took and made sure the piston and cyclinder is in good condition last night and they look pretty good and it still has the handle on it and the carb and the trigger and handle on it. so they are some good parts here i just don't need it and i'm not planning on rebuliding it or anything so anyone needs any parts.

Last edited:
A Stihl original part in a Partner? interesting...

It's a bearing, not really a Stihl part. Bearing companies make bearings. Every OEM uses 'Off the Shelf' bearings. I used to have a catalog of thousands of cage bearings sorted by size from Torrington Bearing. All your favorites were in there ;)

Jimbo

It's a bearing, not really a Stihl part. Bearing companies make bearings. Every OEM uses 'Off the Shelf' bearings. I used to have a catalog of thousands of cage bearings sorted by size from Torrington Bearing. All your favorites were in there ;)

Jimbo

Yes, I'm well aware, I was funnin'. For years Stihl outsourced the flywheel side main bearings in their mid-sized 'Pro' saws to FAQ, the same supplier for the old-time Macs and Homies. I've recently gone to SNR bearings since they're the smoothest rolling metal ball bearing out of the box I've ever seen. They're also made in Germany, not Taiwan or Pakistan.

Yes, I'm well aware, I was funnin'. For years Stihl outsourced the flywheel side main bearings in their mid-sized 'Pro' saws to FAQ, the same supplier for the old-time Macs and Homies. I've recently gone to SNR bearings since they're the smoothest rolling metal ball bearing out of the box I've ever seen. They're also made in Germany, not Taiwan or Pakistan.

The name of that German bearing company is FAG not FAQ. I think it's properly pronounced with a lisp :D US made bearings are still renowned for their quality, though Germany, Korea and Poland and Czech Republic also make a fine product.

An easy way to tell if a bearing is 'bad' is to completely clean it of all material that's 'not ball bearing', including grease/oil. Use clean fresh mineral spirits for the last wash and then let the bearing dry out in a dust free area. Make sure it's really perfectly clean, dry and free of all lubricant. When it is, take it for a spin. A good bearing will still spin freely and be very quiet even when totally dry. A bad one will be noisy; squeeky and chattery and it won't spin for long. Oil and grease will mask the condition of a bearing and make it seem to run smoothly...for a while.

Jimbo

Latest posts

Back