Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking 066 parts, plastic cylinder cover, misc parts and such. Dogs, misc screws, bolts, etc. Trying to rebuild a saw that was incomplete.
I may have a 044 crank or some green paper to trade.
Thanks
Nick

I have a plastic top cover. It's a flat top with decomp. It's not pretty but functional.

I know you are on the road to eliminate the points now but I have an idea that should work for blind point setting. Get out your calipers and measure the widest point on the inside of the flywheel. This is the lob and should be max point opening. Find something that is this thickness and put it between the crankshaft and the point follower. Set the points to the recommended opening and you should be good to go. No special tool and no modified flywheel.
If this is wrong somebody go ahead and throw me under the bus, but think it out because I don't think this is wrong. Mike

Very difficult to do. The area you'd be measuring is on a taper (inside of the mating surface to the crank), and the area you'd be setting distance/thickness on is to a tapered shaft (crank). Absolutely not throwing you under the bus, just disagreeing with you. At any rate looks like about $30 for a new coil.

I concur...... :msp_wink:

i think you have finally lost it randy

Yep.....

Heres one that fits your requests:dizzy:

Nope......

Looking for some stuff :)
028 stihl-recoil cover, also looking for a clean metal tag for the top cover.
066-crankcase, falling dogs, .404 rim
670 jred, top cover (including air filter cover)
123 dolly-B&C, carb kit.
Looking for some chaps as well :)
Looking for 64cc+ makita dolly (modern) project/runner.

I have pictures of myself, and hot&spicy cheez-its for trade! :laugh:
I have saws/parts/B&C's/cold hard cash for trade

Last edited:
I got you covered on all that Jake....

6095d77a.jpg

What lovely stud!
Damn you chris! You spoiled my trading material!!! :laugh:

I could tell everyone you black mailed me for pictures! Then you would look bad!! Haha

I'm on the lookout for a very strong running yet fuel efficient saw. Also the anti vib must be firm but still easy on the operator. Easy starting is also a must at my age. If anyone has such a saw to give away please contact me. :msp_biggrin:

Fuel efficient yes, easy on the operator yes, very strong running ? well for a 40cc saw yes.

View attachment 232122

Latest posts

Back