TADPOLES!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. That's another reason I'm hesitant to compete in a photography contest... I have a Sony Cybershot that's about 10 years old!
I would feel bad if I beat out someone who has knowledge of photography, actually put out some effort, and used a really good camera. :rolleyes:
I'm just lucky, sometimes I get really great photos, and sometimes, not.
It's not like I know anything about photography.

Does that make sense?
Why would you feel bad for them if YOU are competing with inferior equipment? I say enter!

No... Go Yusuf Dikec on em.
:ices_rofl: I had to google, I didn't recognize the name, but I remember seeing him in the Olympics.

1724627354695.png

New fence worked - around the tad tank, but something knocked down the garden gate/fence.
So, I moved part of the garden fence and made a "breezeway" between the tad tank and the garden area.
The invader still can't get into the tank, and could still get into the garden, but it will be more difficult. 👍👍
And now the frogs can get from one pond to the other more safely.
garden pond path.JPG

I think the frogs are feeling more secure with the new fence being there, they don't hide from me any more. I counted a combination of ten Pickerel's, Bronze, and Leopard frogs in the tad tank this morning.

Bronze frog in the frog pond. This one lets me get real close.
I also spotted, for the first time, tiny green froglets in that pond. :clap:
DSC00494.JPG

After watering the garden area, I noticed this little Cope's gray tree frog on an Ocoee leaf.
I think this is the one I hear in there at night, but haven't been able to spot before.

DSC00504.JPG

Perfect conditions for the frogs, but awful for me - too darn hot and too many sweat bees and bitey-flies. :crazy2:

The little green tree frog I found yesterday in the garden is hanging out in the tad tank today...
DSC00505.JPG

I don't think it's the one that lives under my porch light. She is bigger.
DSC00488.JPG

She left for a few days after I fixed the light fixture, but is back now. Saw her there last night, but not there this morning.

New fence worked - around the tad tank, but something knocked down the garden gate/fence.
So, I moved part of the garden fence and made a "breezeway" between the tad tank and the garden area.
The invader still can't get into the tank, and could still get into the garden, but it will be more difficult. 👍👍
And now the frogs can get from one pond to the other more safely.
View attachment 1200307
You put some time into that. The constant gardener!

You put some time into that. The constant gardener!
You have no idea. :laughing:
This project began about four years ago when tadpoles invaded my inflatable swimming pool.
There is an entire thread on that here somewhere. Some people made fun of me, some got downright nasty. :(
Sometime before next spring, I want to convert the tad tank (8' inflatable pool) into a permanent pond similar to the other two ponds I made with plastic kiddie pools.
I'm mulling it over in my mind as far as specific construction, but it's going to be exactly where it is now.
It's a work in progress. :yes:

In fact, there was no veggie garden there before the tads arrived.
I had made a nice level area topped off with sand for the swimming pool and after I made the first fish pond, I decided to make the garden where the pool used to be.
Ponds multiplied, garden expanded...
Definitely, the constant gardener..."Life is a state of mind." :)

Now this little one I definitely recognize as one of this years hatchlings... about double the size of when they first come out of the water, but not fully grown.
Looks pretty much the same, but fatter and a little bigger. :) Smaller than the one I saw yesterday in the hyacinth leaves.
This is one of the milk crates I put under the lip to help support the overlapping vinyl so it doesn't smother the froglets.

DSC00515.JPG

I'm thinking this may be a bronze, or leopard froglet because of the darker color.
I believe they take a little longer to morph than do the gray tree frogs.
I'll know I'm right when I see a bunch of dark green froglets. There's still a lot of large tads in the tank.

Ooooh! They're just TOOOOO Darn Cute!! :laughing: :dancing::heart:🐸

DSC00518.JPG

I was thinking of a kids picture book.
But, I've never been good at self-promotion, or selling my creations. :(
I'll look into the t-shirt printing.
Isn't there a web site where you post your artwork and the shopper can pick from a selection of items, like coffee mug, t-shirt, or print?

I'm thinking this may be a bronze, or leopard froglet because of the darker color.
I believe they take a little longer to morph than do the gray tree frogs.
I'll know I'm right when I see a bunch of dark green froglets. There's still a lot of large tads in the tank.

Ooooh! They're just TOOOOO Darn Cute!! :laughing: :dancing::heart:🐸

View attachment 1200730
Any suction cups on the toes?

Latest posts

Back