The New MS880 AS Compared To An 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last three tanks through that 088 were belray at 32:1, before that it was 50:1 but always synthetic. It will be for sure 32:1 from here on out
I had a problem at 50 to 1 with high compression 440 hybrid once ,scored the exhaust ,32 to 1 now for a couple years now ,not a problem since ,this is my personal experience ,there are tons of saws running 50 to 1 daily and no problems ,looks like we have an official oil thread guys ;)

The last three tanks through that 088 were belray at 32:1, before that it was 50:1 but always synthetic. It will be for sure 32:1 from here on out

If this were my saw.......it would be run on Belray H1R @ 32:1 only.

Without this stuff.

so are the older 084s the exact same specs? cc, porting, etc???

Later today I'll post timing numbers for all three......

Dang you Michael! I bought 64oz of K2 and have been running that on your recommend. Which btw I like.
It's good stuff. I'm using motul right now. The smell is about the same and it seems to be as good as any of them.

I was told at redmax school the other day you can run a saw lean by having too much oil. With oil being thicker, it can have a harder time going through ports in the carb, causing the lean condition. They tested their oil and it survived at 300:1. I'm running my stuff at 40:1 with any synthetic oil. I'm a big fan of red armor from shindaiwa. I've torn down two saws using it and everything is coated perfectly in red oil. No excessive oil either.

Also, with the Stihl parts pricing, you guys weren't joking about a price decrease. Pistons were anywhere from 25 to 50 something. Long blocks were around $150. Pro saw topends in the low 200's. HD2 air filter is $26, compared to $42 just a month or so ago.

Back