The New MS880 AS Compared To An 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the smell of Blendzall caster oils. Reminds me of my youth racing motocross.

Now the sad part. I bought a bottle a few years ago and have been known to put a little in my mower from time to time to experience the smell again. I just don't trust it in my saws.

Kind of a sad way to relive my youth. I suppose there are worse ways to remember the past.

I bought two cases of gallons to use in my 1999 Polaris XCR-800 as an injector oil. I used it in this capacity in temps down to about -15*F. After mixing some in gas and see it slowly separate, I went back to Polaris VES. I use it in my saws in the summer, and there is no reason you can't use it down to about +30*F, it will mix. Also, this won't gum up the rings like straight castor.

I mix it with 100LL and it smells great. I bet it would smell even better with race gas, but the Polaris shop wants about $13 per gallon of 110.

This is the rule I use with oils. Any OE oil (Stihl, Husky, Echo, etc) I use 40:1, with other oils (Belray, Motul, Maxima, etc) I use 32:1.

I buy my oils on ebay.
i do some where between 40 and 32-1 stihl oil. never had a problem. that 044 jug i showed you has super high hours.........however, i never tune a saw to scream. maybe i would get more out of one a bit leaner but just can't make mah self do it.
i chuckle just a bit when y'all talk of these fancy oils lol.

A new 084 oem jug and slug will cost 4 bills with tax.
Hey Randy those 2 084 jugs look familiar. :rock:

I bought two cases of gallons to use in my 1999 Polaris XCR-800 as an injector oil. I used it in this capacity in temps down to about -15*F. After mixing some in gas and see it slowly separate, I went back to Polaris VES. I use it in my saws in the summer, and there is no reason you can't use it down to about +30*F, it will mix. Also, this won't gum up the rings like straight castor.

I mix it with 100LL and it smells great. I bet it would smell even better with race gas, but the Polaris shop wants about $13 per gallon of 110.
VES GOLD is probably the best smelling stuff I know of besides 927.
Used to run that or Techniplate in my 583 Formula Z. I still have a qt of the VES left. You say you run the VES in yer saws?
I thought it was a TCW3 oil?

Oh no, I use the Blendzall in my saws and went back to VES in my snogo's. I still have a couple gallons of Blendzall left. Between those and the two cases of Husky Super-synthetic I bought of eBay a couple years ago, I am set for at least a year or so.

A new 084 oem jug and slug will cost 4 bills with tax.
Hey Randy those 2 084 jugs look familiar. :rock:

They should. :)

Since P/C clearance was mentioned............

Did the 084/088/880 series ever have the A , B, A/B piston and cylinder sizing used on lots of other sthil saws?

Yes, that same sizing applies to these saws as well.

The pistons here are all A/B

Latest posts

Back