Video: Ported MS441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is 32/1 a kinda safety margin because its strato saw. is dan going to run 32/1 im more curious about this then the actual porting.

what ratio does stihl recommend for the 441

i see grasshoppa, i was under the impression from typed words in the past that you run 40/1 my apologies.

makes since now, i guess i miss read something somewhere and missed the thread on this saw.

shes looking very strong

i see grasshoppa, i was under the impression from typed words in the past that you run 40/1 my apologies.

makes since now, i guess i miss read something somewhere and missed the thread on this saw.

shes looking very strong

I only recently went to 32:1. I recommend at least 40:1 with full synthetic only in a ported saw.

Hey Dan. You're welcome to come up Monday and we'll put in some wood. I think you'll be real pleased with this saw. How it got a reputation of not being very strong, or not responding well to mods is beyond me. I wouldn't mind owning one one little bit. But....it's no longer a fuel sipper, lol:greenchainsaw:

I'm of the opinion that the 441 is probably one of the best saws out there for a non-modder. If you want good power, good fuel consumption, good iar filtration, good AV, and you don't plan to mod it... then it's the saw for you.

Most here bad mouth it because it doesn't take to mods like the equally weighted 460 does.

It's the stratocharged engine like what's on the 441. They're a great running engine with lower fuel consumtion, but they don't respond as well to mods.
Any chance of ever wanting it modded? The 460 responds excellent to mods. If you're leaving it stock, I'd say go for the 441 and take advange of better fuel economy, AV, and filteration.

Propaganda is how. Why I'm surprized you can pick that saw up off the ground,LOL

She looks to be running pretty strong there, good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought i remembered you being part of the propoganda machine...:clap:

It's good to see the next generation of Stihl saws are winners!
:agree2:
I've been a fan of the strato saws, particularily the 441 since the first time I ran one last summer. I'm amazed at the gains that are to be had from saws that people said could never be modded. I understand that they still don't respond as well as the non strato models, but that is just for now IMHO. Each time I hear of one being modded, it gets better and better....

She is def humming along nicely. If I had to guess I would say that tree rolled on ya when it came off the stump. Always makes me nervous when that happens.

Sick. Just plain sick.

That 441 will run neck and neck with a 7900 no problem. Awesome job Brad! Did you send the piston out for a nice chrome plating?? :laugh:

Awesome Dan. We're gonna run our saws next to eachother REAL SOON!!! I'd really like to take turns milling with each saw and do a good comparison.

Rock on wit dat badass 441 and let'er shake all da junk in da trunk dat she got!!!

:greenchainsaw:

I got an idea of what we might do with the rest of that pine log out back! hahaha. We should make some milling videos when I get back.

Back