Video: Ported MS441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We tore it down while he was here. I just didn't take the time to do it. As you found out, the numbers game can get pretty tiresome. It's just not worth it all the time. There are lots of saws I mod and don't do before and after times.

Exactly, the numbers get out of hand. Just make something up, they will be happy, LOL.

The handful of 576s and 441s I have done, I have been extremely impressed. I may own one when I have a use for a saw again.

The hardest part was just figuring out how to break it down and put it back together. Looks strong Brad, nice work.

We tore it down while he was here. I just didn't take the time to do it. As you found out, the numbers game can get pretty tiresome. It's just not worth it all the time. There are lots of saws I mod and don't do before and after times.

Fair enough!:greenchainsaw: Yes the cat fight can get old, but you don't measure it for your own knowledge either, even if you decide not to post the results? Seems like it would be worth while to do so though so you know when you try something on wether it works or not?

I thought about making some video cuts before I left NY so I could measure the results when I got back. I wound up milling and working right up to the hour we left town (with wife, baby, dog and a Mazda hatchback loaded full of gifts, luggage and saw stuff). I will know when I run it, about what the gains are and that is all that really matters to me. It would be cool to have numbers, but they don't make believers out of anyone who have decided they don't want to believe you in the first place. In the end, it is a work saw, not a race saw anyway. It will be fun, however to see how it holds up to some other saws at Brad's tomorrow.

Numbers or not - Dan you've got a nasty frikkin' saw and Brad you did a sweet job.

The numbers get WAY out of control. It's much more fun just running a nice powerful saw than it is timing it anyway.

I get my thrill from being able to push on it a lot and having it still going strong without slowing down. Not "Yeah but my saw is .0097521 pounds lighter so even though your saw is .3897869432789 seconds faster I will be less fatigued at the end of the day."

Oye Ve. Who gives a flying :censored:!!! :)

:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

LOL, finally we're getting some other people to see that the 441 can get modd'ed just like any other saw. There are great improvements to be had, and afterwards its just a cadilac of a saw to run.

Good job Brad,

Sam

Picked up my ported 441 from Brad today we put it in pine with a 32" bar and square ground full comp with an 8 pin rim. We put it in Oak with a 25" bar and RSC with 7 pin rim. :jawdrop::clap::):):):):):):

We ran it with Andyshine77's Stock 7900 and ported 372 as well as Brad's 440 with ported 460 P&C and ported 681. It was cold but it was a blast. Fat Guy was also there running them with us. Brad, Andy and Nick are a great group of guys.

Thanks Brad for the port job and thanks to Andy and Nick for helping break in the freshly ported 441.

I brought my camera to take pictures and video but got caught up in the fun and cold and forgot to take any. Brad got some video though so Hopefully he will post it.

Hey Brad, great work as usual! Just out of curiousity, did you port it like a classic two stroke or play around with the strato concept in mind? Not looking for a debate, just wondering how the pros are looking at these saws and if they are trying to manipulate the strato function as part of the working system or just keeping it to tried and true methods for now. I suppose you wouldn't want to mess around too much with another guys saw either though. Good show!

Hey Brad, great work as usual! Just out of curiousity, did you port it like a classic two stroke or play around with the strato concept in mind? Not looking for a debate, just wondering how the pros are looking at these saws and if they are trying to manipulate the strato function as part of the working system or just keeping it to tried and true methods for now. I suppose you wouldn't want to mess around too much with another guys saw either though. Good show!

It's not really that much different from any other saw. I did widen the fresh air ports, similiar to the transfers.

Here the video shot this morning. Dan, Nik, Andre, and myself had a great time sharing our saws. Just for the record, this 441 is right on the heals of my 440 w/460 topend, which is my fastest 70-80cc saws. Needless to say, I'm more than happy with this 441.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9Zf6aVai5Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9Zf6aVai5Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back