whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the mere thought of some dolt trashing a truck I entrusted him to drive makes me want to keel him.
The actual event would prolly result in a severe homicide that keeled him permanently.

prob got a leaking wheel seal

You mean like leaking on the brake that's not working? That would make sense. I had someone look at the slack adjusters (whatever they are lol) not too long ago and they were fine. The abs light has been on for a while too, but no change in braking since then.

Yeah, yeah. I hear you. Why its going in the shop soon. Guess since the ****ing treework seems to have temporarily dried up again, and I actually have a little money in the bank (plus the arm), I'll have to dump some money into the equipment. Chipper needs brakes too.

You mean like leaking on the brake that's not working? That would make sense. I had someone look at the slack adjusters (whatever they are lol) not too long ago and they were fine. The abs light has been on for a while too, but no change in braking since then.
the wheel with the leaky seal causes the lining to grab on that wheel and truck will pull in that direction. also have someone apply the brakes while you watch the rods on the cans extend. both rods on each axle should extend the same for even braking. I've had probs with broken rods and springs in the cans causing erratic braking. easy inspection and easy fix

the wheel with the leaky seal causes the lining to grab on that wheel and truck will pull in that direction. also have someone apply the brakes while you watch the rods on the cans extend. both rods on each axle should extend the same for even braking. I've had probs with broken rods and springs in the cans causing erratic braking. easy inspection and easy fix

Guy had me working the brakes while he checked them out a few months ago. I'm thinking your leaky seal idea makes sense. I don't know. We'll find out.

He was coming down this 1/8 mile long steep hill loaded 3/4 full with mulberry chips towing the 10,012 lb chipper. So he was weighing in around 35,000 lbs total. He said he was in second gear pumping the brakes and he said the brakes gave out. So the retard pulled the parking brake and tried to go right at the "t" intersection. I don't believe he was in second. I am sure he was in 4th. He likes to stick his head his ass at times, so I am guessing that's what was going on. I checked out the brakes and they didn't smell like they got fried and the drums didn't looked glazed. The brakes only had 1000 miles on them.

5 mins before he wrecked he called me to tell me when he turned around earlier that he must of jack knifed the chipper and it bent the jack handle.

Looking at the pictures, what hill?

Dealer said if the frame is bent it's totaled. Can't get the tier 3 140 hp deere engine now either so I will have to go to a tier 4 170 hp cummings. Plus can't find a truck simular with the large tool boxes like I had either.
I'm sorry about your rig man,totally sucks. Do you have any race fab shops near by? I bet a good one could fix your chipper.

I was going to continue with my usual depressing and tired tirad but uh, well JESUS ****ING CHRIST!

Talk about a cluster ****!

Jared put a LOT of work into that rig.

Yeah... I think that's a cleanup shovel. Those usually come into play near the end of the job... shortly before the blower. Of course you and Andy are probably still busy stuck on the "which loader should we buy/who's gonna pack the four footer this time/where's that damn "spanner wrench" mode. But that's all good too I guess. Lol

It been absolutely impossible since last winter, nothing cooperates, everything is stuck and broken, won,t be fixed, stubborn and not in a straight line.

Latest posts

Back