whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have driven that truck but my bucket truck is a cdl truck and he didn't have a cdl. Maybe I should re register my bucket to make it under cdl so I can drive the new chip truck and chipper all the time.

I would have driven that truck but my bucket truck is a cdl truck and he didn't have a cdl. Maybe I should re register my bucket to make it under cdl so I can drive the new chip truck and chipper all the time.
Yea you can always go down on the bucket it has squirt brakes and you hardly ever pull anything with that or am I wrong , my door says 33,000 and I am registered at 25,999 and I have never had an issue with the DOT ... Ever

Yea you can always go down on the bucket it has squirt brakes and you hardly ever pull anything with that or am I wrong , my door says 33,000 and I am registered at 25,999 and I have never had an issue with the DOT ... Ever
It's different state to state but here in wi cdl is required if the registration, actual, or gvwr is over 26,000. Even if the actual and registered weight is under they will still nail ya here

I have already told Jared that I am not capable of driving that truck on those roads ... I mean if that truck was here on flat roads no problem all day long but what you guys drive on is not by any standards normal . I agree that next time Jared needs to be at the helm I that truck and not some friggan goober , if indeed he is a friggan goober

I agree. Wait, who's the goober, Jared or the other one??

Ordered a few new 3/4" tenex slings and another 3/4" cmi block earlier. Gonna pick a new 9/16 db locally tomorrow too.

Amazing how some of the most important (and relatively cheap) things can go neglected if you're not careful.

You didn't buy any X-rings?

Lol. Was thinking about that. Did see them in the Sherrill catalog earlier though. Funny, been resting my drinks right on the old x rings all year!:laugh:

Was thinking they'd be good for a grcs redirect (concise) if the rope was coming down from the tree you're working on. Bought the pulley cuz I want to get the groundy and grcs away from the load by going to another tree (where I can). Cough.. cough.

Spent 4 hours yesterday with my face in the toilet throwing up , slept for 16 hours straight woke up this morning ate a slice of pizza and had a Gatorade and went to work , rained for 1 hour this morning so we just got to the job .... I feel good but my head feels like a balloon..... Ha today should be awesome

Dairy Queen?

Sorry, no pics but we dropped about 40 trees into lakes for some better fishing. One was actually a 41"dbh white pine that popped off the stump and slid down the hill 15ft into the lake..... thank goodness cause noway were 6 of us gonna move that sumabitch with manual log haulers

Well a store bought sling is like $50. I can splice my own for like $20

Yeah, but if you use up three slings a year (highly doubt it), that's only $90. I could almost spend that at the packie in a day. Besides, I like the peace of mind I get in a professionally spiced sling. Bigger things to worry about. That's just me though.

Yeah, but if you use up three slings a year (highly doubt it), that's only $90. I could almost spend that at the packie in a day. Besides, I like the peace of mind I get in a professionally spiced sling. Bigger things to worry about. That's just me though.
Splicing tennex Is so easy. Takes about 5 mins a splice. Even you could do it!

Latest posts

Back