whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did mention something about the chipper being 10,012 lbs and technically he should have had a class a cdl. For that 12 ****ing lbs. Smh. But he said he wasn't gonna worry about it since I was having a bad enough day

Was wondering about that 12 pounds.

I hate to sound like a ****, but I still think you're not accepting any responsibility here. You don't just pull some kid outta his Hyundai and throw him behind the wheel of something like that. Cdl rig or not.

He did mention something about the chipper being 10,012 lbs and technically he should have had a class a cdl. For that 12 ****ing lbs. Smh. But he said he wasn't gonna worry about it since I was having a bad enough day

Did they weigh it right there at the accident?

what's an x ring? And I'm still waiting for you to define "journing", please. When you get a chance, good Dr.

X-rings seem to be the latest and greatest in rigging. Basically two thimbles spliced onto slings. The thimbles are made of some high tech stuff. The guy who developed them hangs out on the Buzz. Lots of videos to watch.

All new chippers have vin tags like trailers do, saying the weight, tire sizes, vin number, date of manufacturer

I think I would have noticed on my 2007 chipper but there doesn't seem to be one. I think it weighs around 4500, bought new from dealer, was told it don't need brakes.

I just bought a 16 foot tandem axle flat trailer. I did notice a brand new vin plate on the tounge. The trailer is registered as being made in 1956. It could be that old, I doubt it.

X-rings seem to be the latest and greatest in rigging. Basically two thimbles spliced onto slings. The thimbles are made of some high tech stuff. The guy who developed them hangs out on the Buzz. Lots of videos to watch.

I just can't believe guys are dumping such big weight on them. They might be strong and highly developed but there is still friction when the rope is running hard.

So the guys with no dough are making their own out of shackles thinking its gonna take a big load then they end up snapping ropes.

Some of the stuff I saw guys doing with X rings, well, I know things are right of the cusp of snapping. You can't rely on sending **** down on them, you have to have the pulley so the rope don't break. Without it is like stepping back in time and I am not sure this thing was intended to be use a sole rigging point anyway.

I just can't believe guys are dumping such big weight on them. They might be strong and highly developed but there is still friction when the rope is running hard.

So the guys with no dough are making their own out of shackles thinking its gonna take a big load then they end up snapping ropes.

Some of the stuff I saw guys doing with X rings, well, I know things are right of the cusp of snapping. You can't rely on sending **** down on them, you have to have the pulley so the rope don't break. Without it is like stepping back in time and I am not sure this thing was intended to be use a sole rigging point anyway.

You might change your mind if you seen them in person. They look like they can take some abuse and when used right there isn't that much frictio, It's not so much the friction that snaps the rope it's the bend radius and these address that. I'd use em if they were midline attachable.

Was wondering about that 12 pounds.

I hate to sound like a ****, but I still think you're not accepting any responsibility here. You don't just pull some kid outta his Hyundai and throw him behind the wheel of something like that. Cdl rig or not.
I have already told Jared that I am not capable of driving that truck on those roads ... I mean if that truck was here on flat roads no problem all day long but what you guys drive on is not by any standards normal . I agree that next time Jared needs to be at the helm I that truck and not some friggan goober , if indeed he is a friggan goober

Latest posts

Back