whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you, Eddie. I know you've been wanting a new machine for a while now. Seems like you deserve it!!

I thought the ditch witch was the better one? (I don't really follow minis though)

Yup emergency response for a couple villages r like that stream maintenance for the county is all t&m and we trim a town on t&m what u need to know
Just getting opinions on what pieces of equipment are worth in a real emergency situation per hour.

Good for you, Eddie. I know you've been wanting a new machine for a while now. Seems like you deserve it!!

I thought the ditch witch was the better one? (I don't really follow minis though)
I've been asking the guys that own love em .... I am looking at all options am not gonna rush ... I have a mini now I don't need to buy one but they are way better with tracks and a grapple

I have to have a talk with Andy about always popping off with questions.
Sold a nice $2500 hickory climber earlier. Gotta love (good) existing customers (that actually have money). Probably 110'. It all started with a hanger over the shed. I told him we could just remove the hanger and the tree would probably be fine. The more we talked, the more I realized he just wanted to spend some money. I helped him out with that in the end. Lol. Gonna take down a few smaller maples below it to give us a spot to lower stuff... I mean open things up more for them. I like it.

You don't see to many 2500 dollar hickories around here.

I have to have a talk with Andy about always popping off with questions.

You don't see to many 2500 dollar hickories around here.

They're probably ten year customers at this point, so they hardly even ask anymore. Guess they're getting older and softer, plus trust me. Its worth the money, but rare when you can actually get what a job is worth these days, no questions asked, no doubt.

Y is that funny? I'm asking cuz this bill is huge by my standards going off what I've heard do far.
I go with the Long term rental cost of that piece of equipment plus fuel , not the daily rental cost , then workers usually 35/50.00 per man and a foreman can be charged per 2/3 men ... And that can be as much as double the cost say 70/100.00 per foreman and typically only one foreman per group

I go with the Long term rental cost of that piece of equipment plus fuel , not the daily rental cost , then workers usually 35/50.00 per man and a foreman can be charged per 2/3 men ... And that can be as much as double the cost say 70/100.00 per foreman and typically only one foreman per group

We have prevailing wage on this one. 50 an hour times 4. The equipment cost thing is where I'm kinda unsure. I had a dingo, bobcat, 200 horse chipper, bucket, two medium dump trucks and a crane there for thirty six working hours. I'm thinking long term rental rates do not apply here whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have prevailing wage on this one. 50 an hour times 4. The equipment cost thing is where I'm kinda unsure. I had a dingo, bobcat, 200 horse chipper, bucket, two medium dump trucks and a crane there for thirty six working hours. I'm thinking long term rental rates do not apply here whatsoever.

United rental rents every piece that you own , including ,dumps ,Chippers grapples ,cranes ,dingos all of it . All you need is a menu and break it down per day and there ya have it , basically your renting them equipment

Id have to double check on equipment rates but we do 75-100 per man hr plus a "mobilization" fee for our county work we can charge desposal per yd of material removed too its a badass contract to have I think we r at like 75/hr per piece for the chipper crane bucket grapple semi w/ 60yd box pickup and if the equipment is used once for a min we can bill for the whole day!!! So we bring lots with "just in case"

Id have to double check on equipment rates but we do 75-100 per man hr plus a "mobilization" fee for our county work we can charge desposal per yd of material removed too its a badass contract to have I think we r at like 75/hr per piece for the chipper crane bucket grapple semi w/ 60yd box pickup and if the equipment is used once for a min we can bill for the whole day!!! So we bring lots with "just in case"
I'm at 90 an hour per piece on the bobcat, dingo and two dumps. Let's just say I'm higher on the crane chipper and bucket..... I ran it past a cpl companies that responded to the damage and they deemed it within reason. I guess I'll send it in and see.

I'm at 90 an hour per piece on the bobcat, dingo and two dumps. Let's just say I'm higher on the crane chipper and bucket..... I ran it past a cpl companies that responded to the damage and they deemed it within reason. I guess I'll send it in and see.

I charge 110.00 for snow per small loader and 95.00 per truck , it's within reason

I'm sure our hourly rates would be a touch higher if we didn't have a mobilization fee for every new site we go to for our county gig there is an automatic 1500 bucks or something charged sometimes I'll do 3 sites in a day ... And some days we roll with 7 guys...

26 and change with grapple and bucket/forks , the larger is almost 30 without anything .. I am gonna go with the 650 it's enough for what I want almost 2 sizes larger then what I got
You will be happy with the 650 . What grapple you going with?

Latest posts

Back