whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
te9yde8u.jpg

Started a nice trim job at a local manufacturing/engineering plant today.

I'm at 90 an hour per piece on the bobcat, dingo and two dumps. Let's just say I'm higher on the crane chipper and bucket..... I ran it past a cpl companies that responded to the damage and they deemed it within reason. I guess I'll send it in and see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I came across this Total Cost of Ownership for Volvo equipment, but you can use it for anything. It's interactive with sliders to change the variables.

http://www.volvoce.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/VCE/Documents North America/other/TCO_public.swf

Today........ I got stuck , buried to the axles ...... So I did the tree had just enough reach , then threw a 1" line around the pintles and threw the dump in 4x4 and burnt off some tread ripping the big pumpkin out of the mud ! It was fun !

Today........ I got stuck , buried to the axles ...... So I did the tree had just enough reach , then threw a 1" line around the pintles and threw the dump in 4x4 and burnt off some tread ripping the big pumpkin out of the mud ! It was fun !
Dang!

Well i talked to my private investor. He is gonna loan me the money for a knuckleboom chip truck and also to replace my chipper. The loan is for like $50k more then my loans threw liberty financial were, and his loan is $200 cheaper a month. Guess since I was given the chance for a ultra low interest rate I should take him up on it. am gonna use the money I am getting from the insurance for the wrecked truck to pay off my stump grinder and do a couple fixer up things to the new house when we move in.

Well i talked to my private investor. He is gonna loan me the money for a knuckleboom chip truck and also to replace my chipper. The loan is for like $50k more then my loans threw liberty financial were, and his loan is $200 cheaper a month. Guess since I was given the chance for a ultra low interest rate I should take him up on it. am gonna use the money I am getting from the insurance for the wrecked truck to pay off my stump grinder and do a couple fixer up things to the new house when we move in.

Good for you on the lower interest rate. That really adds up over five to seven years. How many years on this new loan.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Vermeer 650 with grapple , got about 3 K left on an old loan and then I'm just gonna roll it over on a new machine . Guys that own are you happy with them overall ?

Yep. Love mine. Brand new this spring. Don't know how I got by without it for so long. It replaces a man. Doesn't show up late or ***** when it's hot/cold/tired etc! Not a huge fan of the Vermeer grapple but It gets the job done. I still have my big case skid steer for lot clearing and bigger jobs but the little Vermeer is on the job 90% of the time. Our town got rocked by a tornado 3 weeks ago and that mini skid has been out every single day for the past 3 weeks moving wood and stuffing brush into the chipper. You won't be upset if you get one!

A lot better than trying to lift the wheels up with the outriggers and then block and dig under the tires.

Latest posts

Back