whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to walk from a job today because of the Kohler engine on my grinder. Started peeing oil from the underside of the engine. Got real wet where the engine meets the mount. I was a couple hours in and said no charge and referred the work to a larger company since the guy needs it done "yesterday".

I had to walk from a job today because of the Kohler engine on my grinder. Started peeing oil from the underside of the engine. Got real wet where the engine meets the mount. I was a couple hours in and said no charge and referred the work to a larger company since the guy needs it done "yesterday".
But kholer's are bullet proof lol!

Yeah I dunno, after all the **** I've read on the net about those motors I'm thinking he's just been lucky. I'd say Jared been lucky too, but his bucket **** the bed today and his new truck is delayed a week due to a title issue, so he's not really too lucky at the moment.

It's either the crankcase seal or the oil pan gasket. Either or, the engine needs to come off. I have about 1000 hrs on it and it's not burning oil so I'm happy with putting a little work into it
Well my dingo is getting a 3k$ massage right now. So hopefully it won't **** out a hydro pump anytime soon, and I can start realizing my investment a bit.

I tell ya not having her parked on the deck of the crane has been a bit sad at times on a few jobs last cpl weeks

I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on a Steiner-barrow, but that's just me. Yikes.
It's not a steiner! And sir, it's one of those things that once you start using it and then you don't have it, we'll fahk that noise..... I keep my team as lean as possible. I'd rather spend money on tools than labor hours thank you very much.

They were a week out from being able to touch it when I brought it. Also, I just bought another dump today, and possibly another on Monday in prep for snow. I'm hemorrhaging cash again and I don't terribly mind putting the dingo tab on the back burner till they call me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to put a hydraulic pump in my sk500. It is an Italian made pump that is specifically made for that machine. I could have possibly had one shipped over but it would have been six to eight weeks. Same for ordering repair parts. Ditch witch had one in their warehouse ready to go. They apparently only had the rights to sell this pump. 4500.00 later I had my machine back.

I figure that 13 K Steiner has made me at least 30 in the last 6 years , if the engine blew Monday morning ID fix it , and it would lifting wood by mid week again . I have no clue why a engine in a dingo has taken almost 2 weeks to be done , I seriously put a engine on my stumper in 2 hours ..... Sounds like the y are charging a dollar a hour for that repair

They are 4 weeks out on repairs and said they'd have mine in a week.. I don't really care. They are charging 8 hours for labor. I don't care about that either.

I wish. I just left a crane job we crushed to race to Walmart for a eye exam. Now I have to go back an get the crane. Then buy a truck, then sell a Bobcat, then buy a new Bobcat. Then hope the guys can get done with the trim job they're heading to short a trim saw because my very soon to be outta work groundie is a compete and utter twaht And it s noon time already

Latest posts

Back