whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To tell the truth, I think it's freaking hilarious! I wait for the next lawnmower pic every night. The one where he is pulling the little firewood stick is priceless!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

As long as you aren't bidding $1400 jobs for $800 in my neck of the woods I could give a rats.

So your last name is Asplundh?:)

Coulda been once upon a time. He had the oppertunity, but didnt wanna buy 5 more buckets, thats what they told him he needed to do. If my uncles didnt die, we woulda been huge. They were all drunks. Ever hear of Hendrickson? How about the Care Of Trees? We started before them, and beat em for a while. They were smarter tho, hehe

To tell the truth, I think it's freaking hilarious! I wait for the next lawnmower pic every night. The one where he is pulling the little firewood stick is priceless!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

As long as you aren't bidding $1400 jobs for $800 in my neck of the woods I could give a rats.

You guys are a slow bunch, finally someone's starting to get it. These are some of the best vids and pics I have seen.

Got a late start this morning...phone just doesn't quit ringing. Averaging about 8+ calls or contacts a day, and my wife is bringing in some sales as well. I'm getting blitzed in the morning with calls, especially mondays, and the phone rings till up until about 9 pm sometimes.

Wiped out another co-dom trash ash (each about 22 dbh) in a tiny backyard with a chainlink running underneath. It was caught up in old railroad com wires and spralled out over a desirable hard maple and a silver we are keeping for now. Knocked it out, sold a 2/3 load of chips for a c-note (the ol woodchuck is dialed in making some decent chips), and got a call back from vermeer on the stumper. It's got my name on it. All goes well and I'll have a clean '87 665a with a fairly fresh wiscon sitting in the shop in a couple days. Might run to indy in the morning to look it over. It's running pro series, but I'm thinking it's yellow jackets for me. I've got about a grand in stumps waiting for it. On a side note, the beer is indeed cold. :cheers:

Low bids don't always win ...

... As long as you aren't bidding $1400 jobs for $800 in my neck of the woods I could give a rats.

Actually I'm bidding $800 jobs for $1400 ~ and getting them! I keep having to raise my prices because I can't handle the work I've already booked. Mr. Cyprowski (mentioned earlier) told me he had a bid for his giant Maple of $1500. That didn't stop me from bidding $2800. We'll see how that works.

Take heart prentice, I started with nothing but intent at age 60 and four years into it, my hard work and due diligence has begun to pay off. My reputation for quality service has spread and now the customers are flocking to me. I think it's because I'm such a nice guy. You should try it.

No, Im an #######, and pissed off all the time. #1 reason I give you #### is cuz theres a lowball @hole near me with the same van u got. I started thinking I was going to get big quick, and it had nothing to do with $, to me its all about doing more than the next guy, and having more toys. I must admit, I have a Bandit 250XP, But I see your whippy, and it makes me miss mine. I gotta be the weirdest tree guy out there, but, I've done $900 trees in under an hour with a whip and a clam. If I could find a bucket guy to top like I do, Id run the ground with a whip. What do you guys know about the International DT530? Found a truck in Mich....:cry::msp_thumbsup::clap::eek:uttahere2::givebeer::givebeer::givebeer::msp_tongue:

I' actuall tall, 6'1", skinny, 162LBS, Male model looks, hopefully that dont get you off, cuz if you intrested, I dont go that way, and I can out climb most on this site, I just really dont like doing it, but daddy never , ever , ever once played catch with me, or took me fishing. He did beat me when he was drunk if I didnt load the truck with firewood fast enuff tho. Does that count you ####rag?

Damn, little guy I carry rounds about that weight. I'm six four and 220, could probably put you in my pocket if you looked at me wrong. Thanks for the insight though, that sounds rough. When I turned 13 I got my first unicorn, played catch with derek jeter and my dad would make me smores if I brought in the groceries. Sorry you had it rough but hating on double a isn't gonna change the past.

Why thank you, thank you very much ...

You guys are a slow bunch, finally someone's starting to get it. These are some of the best vids and pics I have seen.

The secret to good photos and good videos is good gear. I have a Nikon D80 with a Nikkor lens that cost just under a grand (the lens alone). My video camera is a Panasonic w/ 3 CCDs which gives great color saturation. Compare my latest videos with "Monster Oak" which was shot with a cheap "Flip" camcorder.

Bad attitude = bad results ...

No, Im an #######, and pissed off all the time. #1 reason I give you #### is cuz theres a lowball @hole near me with the same van u got...

See, thats it! You're all pissed off and your customers and prospects sense that. You project it, you reek of it. I'm very personable and affable to my prospects and customers. I project good will and noble intentions. You must try to become a nicer person, it would do wonders for you.

And I am not that lowball @sshole with a mini van. In fact I have bought a one ton Chevy van which is being outfitted as my main work van right now. The little vans just don't hold all my gear now. Also just bought my wife a Chevy Z71 4WD Colorado so she can pull the tractor to jobs for me. (she wanted a VW "Bug" ~ ha ha fat chance)

Found a nice fist sized rock buried in the heart of 4 leader Silver Maple today with the 4' bar on the 088, gonna suck resharpening that chain. Pryed that sucker out with a crowbar. Showed it to my son and he asks," How'd it get there?" I couldn't help it, I told him about the rare Rockbird, you know, that mischieveous bird that likes to pick up large rocks and put them into the crotches of trees. He looks at me and says, "We need to give this rock back to that bird, can we use your slingshot (Bigshot)?":clap:

Took down Siamese twin Silver Maples over the power drop, phone, cable, and garden shed, went smooth till that rock in the stump out front! Both twins had hollows at the base. Dumped the wood off down my street for an extra hundred and a cold St. Pauli Girl.

Damn, little guy I carry rounds about that weight. I'm six four and 220, could probably put you in my pocket if you looked at me wrong. Thanks for the insight though, that sounds rough. When I turned 13 I got my first unicorn, played catch with derek jeter and my dad would make me smores if I brought in the groceries. Sorry you had it rough but hating on double a isn't gonna change the past.

Its gotten to the point that I really dont wanna know why you are the way you are, I already know your a c###. You a midget or molestee? I dont care. Piss off Dont mention me in your posta, Ill do the same . Effin witchu was fun for 5 minuntes, now its redundent. I act like an ass here from time to time attempting to entertain, your just a know it all d###. Your the west coast Oldirty

See, thats it! You're all pissed off and your customers and prospects sense that. You project it, you reek of it. [/I])

MY DAD SAID THE SAME THING BEFORE HE DIED!!!! I just hate everything hehehe God I miss having a salesman. All Im good at is making sawdust, faster and better than EVERYONE!!!!

I'm 5 8" but I'm dynamite and I have a big pecker too:)

Latest posts

Back