whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gay? I may be an old coot but I'm definitely not gay. I see that you guys are having difficulty with your sexuality. I'm beginning to wonder why I even bother to post here. Tomorrow is our 22nd Anniversary and I'm taking my Lady out to her favorite place to eat, Sylvestro's in Painsville Ohio. World's best and biggest lobster, here's Debi last time we ate there:

942064791_4000bc723f_z.jpg
2305206882_5ede86fd0f_z.jpg

You live in a divided household there AA.
A tree hugger and a slasher. LOL
That lobstertail and BP looks absolutetly amazing .
Congrats on your 22nd. :cheers:
They all get tired of me after about 10 or 11 years. and then it's:buttkick:

vermeer sales rep heading for the house now. took me all day to track down my banker, but he told me to go make the deal as I see fit. If I like the 665a, it's mine. Anything special I need to look for on the ol behemoth??

665a%201770%20001.jpg
665a%201770%20004.jpg

bearings,belts and wisconson engine check them well! That 502 beside it is shaft drive its the precursor to my sc602. I have heard some good on the 665s if its in good shape mechanically it will grind and likely return your investment. If the price is right go for it and just before you sign tell them deal but I want a new set of yellow jackets if I'm paying that in this economy. They will probably put em on and you will be way ahead if they negotiate them for you!

new member that has been viewing posts. you can see quickly who are the contenders and who are the pretenders. this red joke defines the pretender group. lots of knowledge and experience on this forum. it is a good thing that we are being exposed to this rediculous equiptment for professional use. NOT. thanks

welcome to as dbl !

vermeer sales rep heading for the house now. took me all day to track down my banker, but he told me to go make the deal as I see fit. If I like the 665a, it's mine. Anything special I need to look for on the ol behemoth??

665a%201770%20001.jpg
665a%201770%20004.jpg

I adore my old 665b Biggie but I don't know if I'd love it as much without the corded remote.

I think Matt has a 665a too.

bearings,belts and wisconson engine check them well! That 502 beside it is shaft drive its the precursor to my sc602. I have heard some good on the 665s if its in good shape mechanically it will grind and likely return your investment. If the price is right go for it and just before you sign tell them deal but I want a new set of yellow jackets if I'm paying that in this economy. They will probably put em on and you will be way ahead if they negotiate them for you!

got it for 4900 plus tax. Heading to evansville first thing in the am to look it over and hopefully bring it home. It has about 400 hrs on a new wiscon. It's on a three year semi annual note and I have the first payment in stumps on the books. I should be ok with it. It will save me a ton of time and fuel on chasing rentals, and I can grind as I go instead of starting a stump list. Going to try and work for at least a set of pro series before I leave.

got it for 4900 plus tax. Heading to evansville first thing in the am to look it over and hopefully bring it home. It has about 400 hrs on a new wiscon. It's on a three year semi annual note and I have the first payment in stumps on the books. I should be ok with it. It will save me a ton of time and fuel on chasing rentals, and I can grind as I go instead of starting a stump list. Going to try and work for at least a set of pro series before I leave.

New engine is the deal sealer. Best of luck.

Few years ago Wisconsen nearly went outta biz but glad they didn't. I got 2 of em and they are great mills.

Too bad I didnt read this sooner. BIGUS, you need to look at the framework just ahead of the tires. The older units like mine and that one had weak frames and ours lost a wheel going down the road. Luckily, if you have a clam truck, you can fold the machine in half and put it in the back. This also saves you from having to have another driver!LOL! This week , I took the cylinder off the machine and went to have the seals done cuz its been leaking like a siv. 45 minutes after I dropped it off, the shop calls and says it isnt the seals. Theres 2 nuts that hold the packing on, and one fell off and was floating around in the cylinder, and at full extention, it smashed the end of the cyl. Totally ####ed it up. Cant be rebuilt. Called Vermeer. $579. Not as bad as I thought, BUT..... Its so old they have to make one, they told me up to 75 DAYS!!!!!:dizzy: Hell, still a dam good lil grinder, But pop that sucker off there and make sure that nut is tight!!!!

New engine is the deal sealer. Best of luck.

Few years ago Wisconsen nearly went outta biz but glad they didn't. I got 2 of em and they are great mills.

Thanks for the input. Absolutely why I went after it....I was shopping and all these decent deals were there then gone....and then there was a lull...and then this thing pops up. I read up a bit on the wiscons to get some assurances. Can't wait to fire it up. Heading out to finish up a small job and then to bed, if I can sleep, leaving about 4am.

Lol Maybe you need to pay for the yellow jacket conversion sounds like a great deal! Them wisconson engines are pricy!

picked up a little 6 1/2 by 10 foot trailer that fits the mini and mini stumper yesterday. Did a bunch of stumps for first day with my machine and not demo. Can't tell you what a great machine this. To me it is sort of like the ms 200 of stumpers. You wouldn't want it unless you have a big machine but it beats the sc 252 by a mile.

picked up a little 6 1/2 by 10 foot trailer that fits the mini and mini stumper yesterday. Did a bunch of stumps for first day with my machine and not demo. Can't tell you what a great machine this. To me it is sort of like the ms 200 of stumpers. You wouldn't want it unless you have a big machine but it beats the sc 252 by a mile.

Vet now you just ruined it for me, no way I will ever consider buying one now! By comparing it to a junk saw that only lasted me three months from new you did it great dis service:monkey:

Guess its a boxer for rope if I even buy one.

Last edited:
Vet now you just ruined it for me, no way I will ever consider buying one now! By comparing it to a junk saw that only lasted me three months from new you did it great dis service:monkey:

Guess its a boxer for rope if I even buy one.

Rope I think you are referring to the mini and I was referring to the stumper....and....like the best pound for pound saw ever made in the history of saws....

This mini stumper is the best pound for pound....

Here is the only current competition but this is not remotely as good as the Toro...top heavy, belt driven instead of hyd., multi controls instead of joy stick etc etc.

Nice tripple in the background. Speed or street? I have ridden the speedtripple and loved it. Pure torq machine!:rock:

Rope I think you are referring to the mini and I was referring to the stumper....and....like the best pound for pound saw ever made in the history of saws....

Here is the only current competition but this is not remotely as good as the Toro...top heavy, belt driven instead of hyd., multi controls instead of joy stick etc etc.

Well vet the saw was a turd 3 months til toast 200 per month is not a return investment. I will never buy a still again ever and i have five, only two run correct. I have a combi with less that 25 hours wont stay running and a pole saw with maybe a hundred hours that wont cut **** the shaft is slipping only one out of the five have functioning fuel and oil caps pure junk, new but junk.

Too bad I didnt read this sooner. BIGUS, you need to look at the framework just ahead of the tires. The older units like mine and that one had weak frames and ours lost a wheel going down the road. Luckily, if you have a clam truck, you can fold the machine in half and put it in the back. This also saves you from having to have another driver!LOL! This week , I took the cylinder off the machine and went to have the seals done cuz its been leaking like a siv. 45 minutes after I dropped it off, the shop calls and says it isnt the seals. Theres 2 nuts that hold the packing on, and one fell off and was floating around in the cylinder, and at full extention, it smashed the end of the cyl. Totally ####ed it up. Cant be rebuilt. Called Vermeer. $579. Not as bad as I thought, BUT..... Its so old they have to make one, they told me up to 75 DAYS!!!!!:dizzy: Hell, still a dam good lil grinder, But pop that sucker off there and make sure that nut is tight!!!!

Thanks man, did you reinforce the framework? I'll have no problem making it mine cause I'm not going to sell it. I'm not happy with the tires anyway, I'll likely get a decent set of heavy duty floaters to displace the weight in yards and help with absorbing the shock of road time. I'll have a good look at it, I can still walk, but I assured my rep that I'm not going to all this trouble when I need to be working to drive to evansville to come home empty handed. I need a stumper and I wanted the bigus one I could get. lol.

Lol Maybe you need to pay for the yellow jacket conversion sounds like a great deal! Them wisconson engines are pricy!

Yeah, you're right. I called parts this am and priced the yellow jacket conversion at about $750 for this wheel. Not bad. Any pro series teeth that are busted or worthless are getting replaced tomorrow and I'll pick up a diamond wheel. Then I'll blaze out the stumps I've got to do and then install the yellow jacket system. I'm going to baby that wiscon best I can.

City called today, they've invited me to bid on a pair of 90+ cottonwoods that loom over the outfield fence at the local ballpark and they want the stumps removed....perfect timing. :cheers:

I'd like to see that toro stumper in action.

Thanks man, did you reinforce the framework? I'll have no problem making it mine cause I'm not going to sell it. I'm not happy with the tires anyway, I'll likely get a decent set of heavy duty floaters to displace the weight in yards and help with absorbing the shock of road time. I'll have a good look at it, I can still walk, but I assured my rep that I'm not going to all this trouble when I need to be working to drive to evansville to come home empty handed. I need a stumper and I wanted the bigus one I could get. lol.

Yeah, you're right. I called parts this am and priced the yellow jacket conversion at about $750 for this wheel. Not bad. Any pro series teeth that are busted or worthless are getting replaced tomorrow and I'll pick up a diamond wheel. Then I'll blaze out the stumps I've got to do and then install the yellow jacket system. I'm going to baby that wiscon best I can.

City called today, they've invited me to bid on a pair of 90+ cottonwoods that loom over the outfield fence at the local ballpark and they want the stumps removed....perfect timing. :cheers:

Long may you grind pard I hope its a flawless purchase, it will need bearings every now and then and shaft likely too but all including mine need parts:cheers:

Get you a good respirator for the dusty conditions, I had to my lungs suck asmatic brochitus aint fun. If its tight It should keep you in front of expense and let you profit, mine has grossed the money it cost me 27k but parts and teeth,fuel and a set of tires take a chunk of it back! I have 300 hours on it now; so by the 1000 th hour I should be happy!

Last edited:
Long may you grind pard I hope its a flawless purchase, it will need bearings every now and then and shaft likely too but all including mine need parts:cheers:

Get you a good respirator for the dusty conditions, I had to my lungs suck asmatic brochitus aint fun. If its tight It should keep you in front of expense and let you profit, mine has grossed the money it cost me 27k but parts and teeth,fuel and a set of tires take a chunk of it back! I have 300 hours on it now; so by the 1000 th hour I should be happy!

I have averaged 100 per hour gross and that would make 100k at the 1000 hour mark. after expense and the 27 k investment I expect it to net 30 to 45 k!

Get you a good respirator for the dusty conditions, I had to my lungs suck asmatic brochitus aint fun. If its tight It should keep you in front of expense and let you profit, mine has grossed the money it cost me 27k but parts and teeth,fuel and a set of tires take a chunk of it back I have 300 hours on it now so by the 1000 th hour I should be happy!

Thanks, good point about the respirator. I've been winging it, but I notice it the day after.

Back