Who is a reputable saw builder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlproincky

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been looking into porting saws, I'd like to do it myself but that's not an option for me currently. I can rebuild/work on my saws, just not porting. So far I've looked at ripsaw and red beard saws, anyone have experience with them? Or is there someone else or someone on here with a good reputation and reasonable prices that can port saws for me? Any help would be appreciated.
BTW, I'm located in central ky so closer would be better but I can ship farther if needed.

Nick from Redbeard saws does a good job. He was on the forums for a long time as @mortalitool. I can help you out as well but I am about 7 months out. Easiest way is to get on the list and I will message you when I’m close.
Nice to see someone endorsing a competitor. It's a big enough world for all to play work.

Nice to see someone endorsing a competitor. It's a big enough world for all to play work.
I don’t mind helping others out if they do a good job. Joe and Nick are both friends and do great work.
I port 3-5 saws every week and don’t want to port more than that, nor can I and remain sane. There’s enough work for everyone doing quality work.

Latest posts

Back