Wigglesworth Charity Drive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a good used OEM cylinder, preferably Mahle? I'm willing to pay a fair price. I want this thing to run as a ported 460 should run, and this Meteor topend isn't up to par. I expect more.

She probably runs up to snuff, Brad. You just been runnin to many Husky-Varna's lately, kinda skewed your prospective on what a good saw runs like. :poke: :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:
Gregg,

I sure wish I had an extra......I have one for a customers saw, but no spare. Would cutting the squish and raising compression help her come alive?

I don't think that's the problem. Compression is close to stock, and I don't have to resort to other means to get an OEM cylinder to perform. It might be worth a shot. The only problem is that I already ground the intake port for the duration I wanted. Maybe another few° would be fine.

I don't think that's the problem. Compression is close to stock, and I don't have to resort to other means to get an OEM cylinder to perform. It might be worth a shot. The only problem is that I already ground the intake port for the duration I wanted. Maybe another few° would be fine.

Someone in the swap meet thread should come thru. I added a sweetener to your "beg"....

Have you already ported the cylinder?
I may have oem here to trade if that's what your after.

Your killer hybrid thread has everyone looking for 046/460 jugs. I've had six requests alone in PMs for jugs and I haven't had a spare for two years...

As far as jugs go, I've had more trouble finding 046/460 jugs than any other.

Quite sad, but my 04/046 hybrid hasn't been started since last October.... :(

I will try to take care of that next week sometime plus the partner and any of the others that need running. Tell Mrs J I will only let you watch. Has Joe got his new saw yet? I think he will really like it.

Someone else that had one of these said they were lack luster as well. He suggested that perhaps the transfer ducts were too small. I simply don't have the time to experiment with it.

I had one of the first meteor 046 jugs out there. They have lots of issues. The combustion chamber was poorly cast, exhaust port tiny and too square, all the ports had the most aweful bevels I have ever seen. The transfer tunnels were severely undersized.

Even after all those issues were "corrected" it, performance was still pretty lack luster. The piston was purdy though. :)

I have a meteor 066 jug in the shop, and it don't look much better....

I will try to take care of that next week sometime plus the partner and any of the others that need running. Tell Mrs J I will only let you watch. Has Joe got his new saw yet? I think he will really like it.

From what Zach says, there very happy with it. I haven't talked to joe yet.

Looking forward to the visit my friend. :cheers:

As far as jugs go, I've had more trouble finding 046/460 jugs than any other.

Quite sad, but my 04/046 hybrid hasn't been started since last October.... :(

You want me to air that thing out for the next few months for you, just send it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Back