Wigglesworth Charity Drive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of the first meteor 046 jugs out there. They have lots of issues. The combustion chamber was poorly cast, exhaust port tiny and too square, all the ports had the most aweful bevels I have ever seen. The transfer tunnels were severely undersized.

Even after all those issues were "corrected" it, performance was still pretty lack luster. The piston was purdy though. :)

I have a meteor 066 jug in the shop, and it don't look much better....

that really sucks cause i was thinking....meteor should be pretty decent,like there pistons

Don't forget that you are in the presence of a gaggle of speed geeks!!!
The meteor may be just fine for NORMAL people!!!

Mike

The one I have is one of the first samples they sent out. The exhaust port was horrible. At the muffler flange, the floor was probably 3/16" higher than it was supposed to be. It required a LOT of metal removal to make right. The factory beveling was just as atrocious as Jeremy indicated. All of that was cleaned up when I ported it, but the performance can't be any more than that of a stock 460, even when ported. I love their pistons, but will never buy one of their cylinders.

I'm up to 15, with two more to do.

I've learned a few things too, which is why I've been sending my cylinders out to have all the cooling fins machined off...

I'm gonna run a 50mm slug in mine with extra thick rings. That should cut way down on the drag. I'll probably only machine off every other fin though, cause I'm just a newb...

236954d1336185049-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336185040-891732-jpg

It must be very hard to keep your hands off of him. Those are some sexy legs. :msp_w00t:

Back