wood dust in the carb hard on the saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAFE is a big deal and even small improvements are worth while to the manufacturers.
And the EPA isn't helping anyone either when it comes to the small stuff. I use 5w20 in my commuter but I'm pretty picky about what oils and I'm always keeping up to date with who makes what. But with 370K on the clock and its still ticking away, I really cannot complain about anything.

And that cars engine was probably dead in under 200k.
So, exactly where were you ? Not in the womb yet ? Anyhow, the leap from Quaker State 30 weight , which is all we had here, was something. I'm talking about a period where you trade at 40,000 miles or did not get anything for the trade in.

Go get some warm milk and drink it, out of a nipple maybe.

And that would be what exactly?
So you are not only an autistic weirdo, and a pervert, but you're paranoid too.
Not autistic. And it is clear you were searching for ways to denigrate and discredit me. So I am a pervert for implying you are one? That is called transference. You have issues.

Not autistic. And it is clear you were searching for ways to denigrate and discredit me. So I am a pervert for implying you are one? That is called transference. You have issues.
You are a pervert for certain. You interjected such things into an argument. Maybe you should go back to church you are also an autistic weirdo for certain, wether diagnosed or not.

So, exactly where were you ? Not in the womb yet ? Anyhow, the leap from Quaker State 30 weight , which is all we had here, was something. I'm talking about a period where you trade at 40,000 miles or did not get anything for the trade in.

Go get some warm milk and drink it, out of a nipple maybe.
I know you are talking about that period. So while the oil you used didnt cause an acute catastrophic failure(they seldom do), the engine didn't last long, so it's nothing to brag about. Although it wasn't just the oil that was a problem with those old clunkers.

I know you are talking about that period. So while the oil you used didnt cause an acute catastrophic failure(they seldom do), the engine didn't last long, so it's nothing to brag about. Although it wasn't just the oil that was a problem with those old clunkers.
Back in the day 100,000 to 130,000 miles was a big deal.

Have a friend with a Toyota Tundra that just turned 600, 030 miles. Original engine.

So,

Yep, but the luddites talk about how good those old clunkers were.
Maybe . I have an 81 F150 with a straight six and I have no idea how many miles is on it.
Drive it every day. Not sure anything new I would trade it for that I have to depend on.
I think it is the oil more than anything myself.

Maybe . I have an 81 F150 with a straight six and I have no idea how many miles is on it.
Drive it every day. Not sure anything new I would trade it for that I have to depend on.
I think it is the oil more than anything myself.
Sadly, if one of those straight six Ford or GM engines were given modern fuel injection and modern oil they would run forever.

No, they didnt..
Here is the situation. The pages at Castrol you linked to were written for the general public, not for people who actually understand what viscosity and film strength are. They simplified the discussion rather than use technical rigor. They did not, however, say that viscosity is essentially film strength. What they said is that generally higher viscosity makes it easier to maintain film strength at higher operating temperatures, which is true. However, the use of the word "generally" allows for a less than causal relationship. It all depends on the formulation. As I have pointed out, some low viscosity oils have a higher film strength than some higher viscosity oils. And, of course, different substances such as honey or glycerin can have higher viscosity than engine oils but lower film strength. So, your claim that viscosity is essentially film strength is technically wrong. If what you meant to say is that, within a specific family of motor oils, there is a rough correlation between viscosity and film strength, you would have been correct.

Sadly, if one of those straight six Ford or GM engines were given modern fuel injection and modern oil they would run forever.
I have a Ford 300ci straight six that's on the bench to rebuild. Not sure if it will run forever as its getting FI and a turbo 🤣

Here is the situation. The pages at Castrol you linked to were written for the general public, not for people who actually understand what viscosity and film strength are. They simplified the discussion rather than use technical rigor. They did not, however, say that viscosity is essentially film strength. What they said is that generally higher viscosity makes it easier to maintain film strength at higher operating temperatures, which is true. However, the use of the word "generally" allows for a less than causal relationship. It all depends on the formulation. As I have pointed out, some low viscosity oils have a higher film strength than some higher viscosity oils. And, of course, different substances such as honey or glycerin can have higher viscosity than engine oils but lower film strength. So, your claim that viscosity is essentially film strength is technically wrong. If what you meant to say is that, within a specific family of motor oils, there is a rough correlation between viscosity and film strength, you would have been correct.
Here is the thing. This board is the general public. Most of the posters are not autistic engineers that get hung up on terminology. So when I said that under hydrodynamic conditions viscosity is basicly film strength I am not wrong and neither is Castrol. Get over it. BTW that statement wasn't mine is communicated to me during a tribology seminar I went to.

Back