Cs620p/ms362/562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunburnedCock

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking at a pro level saw in the 60cc category. Anyone owned all 3 of these or a combination of them? Echo seems hard to beat on paper. Price, an engine assembled/engineered in Japan, competitive specs. Trying to justify the extra coin for the Husky or

Been talked through a lot, 562 and MS400C are unbeatable right now performance and weight wise. If you are on a budget or if its going to see little use get the Echo.

Been talked through a lot, 562 and MS400C are unbeatable right now performance and weight wise. If you are on a budget or if its going to see little use get the Echo.
Cost would be no object in the purchase of this. I do like the idea of the exotic materials used in the piston of the 400. I also like the weight advantage the Stihl (the 400 especially) and Husky give. But at the same time, I like the fact that the Echo has a traditional carburetor with no electronic gizmos, and it has that renowned Japanese build quality and reliability

Cost would be no object in the purchase of this. I do like the idea of the exotic materials used in the piston of the 400. I also like the weight advantage the Stihl (the 400 especially) and Husky give. But at the same time, I like the fact that the Echo has a traditional carburetor with no electronic gizmos, and it has that renowned Japanese build quality and reliability
Trust me, there is nothing wrong with electronic carbs. Still a carb at its heart just uses a solenoid to control the fuel flow so you don't need to use a screwdriver. Nothing complicated at all. If you got the 400C you will not regret it.

This 👆🏻 exactly. Neighbor has a 620 and it doesn't stand a candles chance in wind to a 562xp. I'd rather a ms400 if I was going stihl. The ms362 is an over priced turd since the 400 came out. And I've owned both the 562xp and now own a ms400. Not going back to the 562xp.

The 620p is the equivalent of an 80's era saw. It's a good saw, but heavy and slow. Money not being an object the ms400, is the way to go. Don't worry about the m-tronic. I've been running auto tune and m-trinic saws since 2012, with plenty of guys running them commercially for years with zero issues.

Thou shalt not express the echo in the same league as the stihl or husky.

Unless you simply don't know.

I have a 590 (close enough) and an OE 362 ( not a "turd", btw) and have run a couple of mtronic 362 and autotune 562's briefly.

Buy a 620 if a saw's handling, throttle response and powerband don't matter to you. My 590 is a decent saw, but is certainly not thrilling in any way, shape or form. In fact, I prefer my supmix china saw by far. Imagine that.

The 562 and 362, on the other hand, are true pro saws. If you've never run a true pro saw, then you don't know that the echo should not be included in this list of three as an equal saw (if that was the intention ?). It simply is not.

If you want the highest performing, best handling saw buy the husky or stihl (doesn't matter).

There's always a reason certain models stick around after their successor shows up...

Like the 372 husky and the 461 stihl. Their replacements had a hard time "replacing" in the minds of the professionals. Like the 362 vs the 400..

PS, the "renowned japanese build quality and reliability" only exists in the minds of echo fans. They are a good machine, nothing more, nothing less.

Imo, all of it, of course.

I believe that a standard carb ms362 is still available in the US...??

Looking at a pro level saw in the 60cc category. Anyone owned all 3 of these or a combination of them? Echo seems hard to beat on paper. Price, an engine assembled/engineered in Japan, competitive specs. Trying to justify the extra coin for the Husky or
I own and use all three (real bad CAD).
A stock 362C IS A TURD, but performance can be improved. I’ve never used a straight carb 362 so I can’t comment.
562XP is a nice saw, especially the Mk2. I tend to be a Husky fan.
Echo 620 is a great saw, lots of torque, totally different feel than the new generation of “revvy” saws. For some reason it just feels real satisfying to use, but is heavier. If you are lugging a saw in the woods a 562 is a better choice. BTW, a 590 is not even close to the performance, so I wouldn’t use it for comparison.
Autotune and Mtronic saws are reliable, most people just don’t read the instruction manual. I cut in many different environmental conditions -different temps and altitudes, so I like auto tuning saws. BUT if I was only using my saw in one locale, like maybe just my farm, I would go with straight carb and save the money.

Latest posts

Back