10 reasons why Shindaiwa is just the best. !!!Warning: not for Husky or Stihl fans!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to confess!!!

I've never run a Shindaiwa, I do all my cuttin' with a Homelite!!!
What a guy misses by sleeping in on a Thursday morning.

No plastic here.
attachment.php

Another reason to love Shindaiwa's. If you don't keep them separated, they reproduce.

attachment.php

*edit* I have never ran a shinny...anyone around central ohio got one? I'll buy the beer and bring the premix.

I have two, a 757 and a 446S and they are a cut above the flack they get on this site believe me. The biggest drawback they have is they are built by a weed wacker and back pac blower company that happens to make a few saws. If you get near 'vernon you can test mine out,,, be ready to be impressed.

I have two, a 757 and a 446S and they are a cut above the flack they get on this site believe me. The biggest drawback they have is they are built by a weed wacker and back pac blower company that happens to make a few saws. If you get near 'vernon you can test mine out,,, be ready to be impressed.

I'll make the same offer, if anybody is in the St. Louis area, I have a few you can run too!:cheers:

The biggest drawback they (Shindaiwa) have is they are built by a weed wacker and back pac blower company that happens to make a few saws.

Just think what they would be like if they put some "effort" into their saws!!:jawdrop:

(I confess I haven't read this whole thread, and I'm not going to right now because I am just in from the shop for a quick bite.)

My only experience with them is a Shinny 360 (I think) that my brother had in his quiver for over 15 yrs probably. Nice little bombproof saw, and I borrowed it a few times.

I do have Shindaiwa trimmer/brushcutter that has run really well for me for the last six or 7 years.

Last edited:
Let's see, they're heavy(only if you are weak maybe) my 577 doesn't feel heavy to me at all. They're under powered, hmm, don't think so(at least my 577 isn't).

Husky fan here.

i always liked Shinnys.the problem is ,their dealers only want to sell weedwhackers and blowers. i don't like their weedwhackers since they got rid of the T-25 and T-27.i never liked their blowers.saws were always great.i just picked a mint 360 for $50.sold for $150 a couple days later.

Originally Posted by GrantC
11. They don't flood if you look at them cross-eyed.
12. They don't vapor lock if you shut them down for 5 minutes.
13. They don't have fanboys. Enthusiasts, yes, but not fanboys.
14. Shindaiwa stores don't feel like Scientologist compounds.
15. They're not painted to resemble a Creamsicle.

There, that should do the trick.

That was funny $hit right there..... reped ya

Latest posts

Back