2024 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you canning your pumpkins?

We grow Waltham Butternut saving seeds for the past ten years. It stores for a year or more for us.

This past year we grew South Anna Butternut after reading about it being an improved version but we are questioning that fact as it bore much less.

I like the look of yours and would be interested in some seed if you would like to share. I'm familiar with isolation distances for squash.

I'll trade you some Dr. Martin pole lima bean seeds for some of your squash seeds if your are interested.
Butternut is good too. We grow a few at the other farm every year since a lot of our friends like them.
Getting ready to take some seeds out of 5 or 6 of the best looking canners and dry them. I can send you some seeds if you want to try them.
I just take some seed and give the pumpkins to a friend for chicken feed and she gives us eggs in return.
We make several pies and pig out on them. A few bags go in the freezer. I did freeze dry a batch 2 years ago, ---- still have some of that left.
The main reason I keep this variety going is that Libby keeps modifying it and this is the old variety from 42 years ago that I have planted every year since.

Back