2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Not rushing you eithrt little buddy. In due time, just saying Im licking my chop's, never ran that bastard myself!:blob2: Good deal who's B-day? We will have to get together soon man.

Mine!:jester:

Hope and pray that P/C are in good shape. If they are, we oughta be running that beast soon. The muffler's "floppy" on it. Hope the bolts are just loose. Those saws have a tendancy to rot the mufflers out, and those mufflers are HARD to find....

John have a bar and chain for it? I don't think I have any bar/chain combinations I can run on it right now. I believe that saw has a .404 rim on it. Everything I have for that mount is 3/8" (except for a couple hardnoses I have). The hard noses I have for that mount are all .050G.............and my .404 chains are all .058G and .063G. Guess I could swap on a 3/8" rim for the time being. I may have a line on a 33" .404 bar/chain for these saws. I better contact that guy now...

Same here on the P/C, and muffler. That 48in canon came off it, and may have a 50. He may have a 42. I think we are good for a bar, thanks dude. P.S I know where ther is big wood LOL! Big saw country.

Hopefully you got youre camer handy Aaron. After the 750 get's a bath, be nice and clean. Are you soaking it in dog shampoo LOL!:clap: Hell throw a pic up of the sp81 too. Have to ask Randy if that one is a Muscle saw though:clap::popcorn:

Hopefully you got youre camer handy Aaron. After the 750 get's a bath, be nice and clean. Are you soaking it in dog shampoo LOL!:clap: Hell throw a pic up of the sp81 too. Have to ask Randy if that one is a Muscle saw though:clap::popcorn:

The SP-81's more of a "Hot Rod" than a "Muscle Saw" methinks. I'll throw a pic or two up anyways. Maybe I should use dog shampoo on that 750 Norm. God knows it could use it. Right now, it has been thoroughly soked down with my "secret sauce" (1/3 ATF to 2/3 Kerosene). Seems to soften "chainsaw scum" well, and keeps rust and magnesium corrosion at bay. Also helps break loose cranky fasteners. It did OK on the dog hair on the SP-81 a few weeks ago...:jester:

Nice, very nice!:clap: That 750 was wearing a 48in Canon, with no problem's I might ad. Hell ya let's see the hot rod 81 pic's. I haven't seen it, well let me think probably the last time I tripped on it, on Parmeter's porch. I am trying to get some pic's from his old man, of some big timber he fell. From our neck of the wood's. The 750, and his 56mag 2 were on deck. Last one I remember was on Bohan dillon rd. I wanna say 9 plus through. They hauled the log's out on a low bed. Took two 966's to load em. It was in the Press democrat, tried to look it up online, no luck. I was not rushin ya on the 750, it just gave me something to talk about LOL!. That is one saw Parmeter won't part with, well and his 66's. But that 750 is sentimental to him. I can't remember why his dad parked it. May have been around when he moved, and quit falling timber. We will have to see what else we can find in the basement?:potstir:

Oh, yeah got it, 6 cube's. How could I forget? Thought you would make an exception for an old yelle'r!:blob2:

I can understand why John won't part with that 750. I wouldn't want to either. I'll get some pics up after I've removed a few pounds of dog hair and pitch from that beast. That's one mean 6.8 cube saw!

the bigger stuff is my favorite, just alot of toy talk lately.[/QUOTE]
Me too, Norm, I like to just sit the 2101 on top of a good sized log and just let her go through on 'er own. You can really feel the powerful compression, and I have a stack of good sized logs here just waiting to be bucked. When I set it down, I'm tired but happy.
You got some nice blacktails down there in Cal. too, I think.
Joe

Some very good stuff in this thread I enjoy dropping in and seeing whats new. I'll get a couple of pics of my two 2101XP's later and add them to the mix !!

Nice! big saw brother's. To much other B.S burying our thread's lately. LOL! Aaron 6.8 cube's saweet! Can't wait. Joe nice saw, nice buck to man! I got a thread in the outdoor section. Some good boar's with my dog's. Good buck's here too, for sure. Right on Dave pic for sure let's take a look man!

Did you say 2100?

2100002.jpg

Ahhhh...

Seven Cubes of Old Homelite Muscle! Now that's the kind of 2100 I know and love...:cheers:

Edit:
Dunno why the 'sad face' is at the top of my post. I made this post last night while stuck for almost an hour in traffic last night after work. My phone does weird stuff. Now the "go advanced" part of the post editor isn't working for me, so I can't 'uncheck' that sad-face smiley.

There was a bad accident in the fog on HWY35. CHP just stopped everybody until everything was cleaned up...........then disappeared. Decided to catch up on AS a bit while waitin'. It was so foggy that we couldn't see what they were doing once the flairs burned out. They just melted away in the fog. One of the other drivers finally got out of their car and WALKED over to where the CHP officer closest to us had been........only to find he'd left without giving us the "OK". 30+ cars sitting on Skyline Blvd in the fog at 0030 Hrs. ####ing rookie....

Last edited:
Sorry to hear it Aaron. I remember my commute day's to the city. Road rage! Formersawrep, Im sure that saw won't last long, somebody will snag it.

Here's my two 2101 XP's one is an 89 300year saw and the other is an 87. They both run very well and I do enjoy working them !! Sorry but I still have not mastered the posting of pics yet so sorry !!!!! Will have to snap some better ones as well.

Here's my two 2101 XP's one is an 89 300year saw and the other is an 87. They both run very well and I do enjoy working them !! Sorry but I still have not mastered the posting of pics yet so sorry !!!!! Will have to snap some better ones as well.

That's a nice collection. Too bad Simons saw is running that 24" bar ;)

View attachment 190568
Here is the 2100 in action. It was only wearing a 25" bar that day. This is a large red oak. Large enough that I had to plunge cut the center via the face cut. Lots of swell on these wet ground trees. It tore through that tree with the 25" bar completely buried.

Back