2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think the 2101 might be even a trifle hotter. I love to start it up with the chain brake on and watch it bump and jiggle.. Sweet.

My 2100 has more torque than my 066 mag and it may even be slower in the smaller wood 25" and under. but the 2100 can be leaned on as hard as you can an it doesn't slow down using a 32" bar. The 066 will slow to a stop if leaned on that hard. But the 066 is much handier and faster for most of the wood I cut. Still how many non gear drive 99cc saws are factory rated for a 60" bar. I don't believe the 395 is, and the 066 certainly isn't.

That said the 2100 does seem to behave like a 120cc saw in my limited use. It will sure kick my 076 supers butt and maybe even my stock 880. But it's sure no Mac 125 or 090. At 18lbs. for the powerhead it is really hard to beat. I would rank it in the top 5 maybe even the top 3.

It is just not fair - you guys over there find heaps of big ole huskies, all I ever find are these old Stihls. And this one is a pretender - an 070. Anyway it will fit nicely with its big brothers and since it is nice and original it should clean up well. I have a spare 090 barrel and piston, I wonder if Aussie1 would port it for me to wake this 070 up? But still looking for a Husky 2100.

P1011012.jpg

P1011011.jpg

P1011013.jpg

P1011014.jpg

Al.

Last edited:
Joeclimbing, and Nardoo. Both nice saw's. Joe I don't have that cool 300 gold eblem though LOL! 2101 is torqey for sure! Nardoo that 07 look's like a muscle beast! Fit's in this thread fine!:rock: The 2100 will find you!

I still say bring the 2101 back, a 99cc king. They basically did with the 288xp, now a 390. What is a discontinued muscle saw you would like to see make a comeback?:rock:

that saw would really be popular I bet. A the differences between the 660/395 and 880/3120 is pretty big in your hands. I could never see myself running a 123cc saw unless I was in really big timber, certainly not in the east coast. But I could see using a 99 cc rig working well.

It is just not fair - you guys over there find heaps of big ole huskies, all I ever find are these old Stihls. And this one is a pretender - an 070. Anyway it will fit nicely with its big brothers and since it is nice and original it should clean up well. I have a spare 090 barrel and piston, I wonder if Aussie1 would port it for me to wake this 070 up? But still looking for a Husky 2100.
Al.
Id keep that 070 as a stocker. Seems they are harder to find, because everybody always wanted to upgrade them.

Ive got to find a 070/090 and a 2100 series Husky.
We have 2 288s, a 281, and maybe another. 2 394s, and a 3120. All good muscle :)

Husky needs to stuff the 395 cylinder into a 390 frame. Or maybe 100ccs. Something a little more nimble in the woods but makes good power throughout the powerband.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/138032.htm
Oh how I would love to own one like that. Ive got almost everything but 2 2100s :)

that saw would really be popular I bet. A the differences between the 660/395 and 880/3120 is pretty big in your hands. I could never see myself running a 123cc saw unless I was in really big timber, certainly not in the east coast. But I could see using a 99 cc rig working well.

Har, Har,

I know you guys have some big tree's out there.

But back home here, we have Hard wood burls to deal with,there are some pretty impressive stands of Oak/Hickory/etc.

Nice, guy's that's what I was thinking. Husky could take the 395, make it a little more nimbel, like i hear everyone who compare's it to the 660. Balance it, and bring back the 99cc. They could call it the 2102-or 3102 LOL! Seriousily though, the 660 is the best seller. If husky looked into that. They would bring some big competition. Don't get me wrong the 660 is pretty much the perfect saw! I have heard alot of guy's compare the 394-395. Most I talk to say the 394 would be there choice.:rock:

Anybody who want's to build a saw, a big timber saw, or revise one. Two of the model's that would be first to compare it against. The 2101, and the 660. Hard to beat, they did so many thing's right. Top shelf. The 2101-2100, even diserve's respect from a Stihl guy, or Stihl themselve's. It probably led to the production of the mighty 066. Because the 2100 was a husky version, and they did it right!:rock:

Was loading up stuff for the dump's. Had to get some rope from my shed, and got sidetracke'd! Oh well tried to get 4 pic's to upload one did so far.

Nice, guy's that's what I was thinking. Husky could take the 395, make it a little more nimbel, like i hear everyone who compare's it to the 660. Balance it, and bring back the 99cc. They could call it the 2102-or 3102 LOL! Seriousily though, the 660 is the best seller. If husky looked into that. They would bring some big competition. Don't get me wrong the 660 is pretty much the perfect saw! I have heard alot of guy's compare the 394-395. Most I talk to say the 394 would be there choice.:rock:

If Husky designs a new big saw, nimble will be key. I've got a 394 and a 660. The 394 is great for sheer torque, but the 660 is much easier to drag around the hill all day. Much nicer if you have to do much limbing as well.

Husky'll figure it out, they just need to shrink things down a bit....except the displacement.

Still hoping to find a 2100/1, it seems like there's always one at the shop for a tune - up. They were once the saw of choice around here when we still had a lot of big yellow pine - Sam

Nice! A 394, and a 660, that's tall cotton. I have never ran a 394, but I would ad one to the arsenal.:D 660 is a hard one to top!

View attachment 189164

They are pretty damn sweet when you need some serious muscle and don't want to get caught chasing holding wood. Especially when you do a little work on 'em:smile2:

LOL! So true! Ported or not the smaller saw's lose torque in the stump. Barber chair anyone? LOL! Torque help's fight gravity, especialy with a leaner, oh and skill of course.:rock:

That's exactly why the 2100's were the saw of choice around here in big yellow pine. They are chairin' sons of #####es. Torque's nice too in bucking that big wood, can really help you beat the bind.

I tried sneaking by with my ported 44 for a couple weeks in Hbig wood a little while ago, and it was just a waste of time. Sometimes you just gotta have that long stroked torque.

Happy 4th o' July weekend all - Sam

View attachment 189164

They are pretty damn sweet when you need some serious muscle and don't want to get caught chasing holding wood. Especially when you do a little work on 'em:smile2:

Would teeth like the ones in your pic fit an 1100? The CSM I bought a month ago or so came with an 1100 and I want to get a cutting bar for it too for the odd time I hit a big tree (at least big for around here). I just managed to cut this dead elm (cursed Dutch Elm) with my 50 two years ago and there's another one about the same size that has died too.

attachment.php

View attachment 189245

cheers (& thanks),
Andrew

Latest posts

Back