2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Aaron, can't wait to try the 750. Be a first ever run of a 750 for me. The mighty CR480, the one I had was a hill climbing son of a biatch! Yeah dusty work LOL! Grader is the only way to do it when are yard alon has 500 road mile's. The only way to cover ground. If I know what part I need O ring wise I will get it, and love your'e help someday. I would like to get more involve'd on more in depth saw stuff as well, and your'e help would be most welcome, some learning for me. I was alway's mean with a file, and maintenance of a saw. Never got into carb kits or real serious stuff yet.

There is a real clean! 2100 on craigslist SF bay are town of greenbrae. The guy reposted it originally it was 500. Now it is listed at 475. Has a 36in bar look's good. If I had cash I would grab it or at least make an offer. Thought I would let you guy's know, but look's pretty clean. Norm.........

My other 2100 just showed up. Haven't fired it off yet. Came with a 32" 3/8X.063 gauge bar. Thinking I'm going to put my 32" .404 Windsor bar on it. Now awaiting a 250Mac.

My other 2100 just showed up. Haven't fired it off yet. Came with a 32" 3/8X.063 gauge bar. Thinking I'm going to put my 32" .404 Windsor bar on it. Now awaiting a 250Mac.

You know there is a clause in the AS registration for instances like this:
*when purporting to have acquired a said saw, all claims are deemed invalid without proof of possession i.e. pictures(video, or still format), or the corroboration of possession of said saw by two other AS members [this may only be used as long as neither of said witnesses is Aaron aka Eccentric]
Also at this time if your claims of acquiring another 2100 are true then congratulations, they are truly awesome. I must reload some rep, but I'll be back to give you your due share later.

LOL. I know no pics or it didn't happen. I can't even use my digital camera. Hopefully when my daughter returns from from Ak. in a month I'll be able to get some pics posted.

Joe46 good deal another one saweet! Jon 1212 I repe'd him for you, and me, then sent you a rep for good intent!

There is a real clean! 2100 on craigslist SF bay are town of greenbrae. The guy reposted it originally it was 500. Now it is listed at 475. Has a 36in bar look's good. If I had cash I would grab it or at least make an offer. Thought I would let you guy's know, but look's pretty clean. Norm.........

I want one. Wish I was closer.

Man, gald I got that 2101, with my 660 in the shop I still can't seem to get any wood under four feet lately. Seem's like evry tree we get into lately is big, and bigger. Almost thought about selling my 044- and 372 to get another 660, and give me three big saw's. But the 044-372 are very usefull, and I like em. Great in firewood. I'm just glad I have two big timber saw's. Make's life easier in the big stuff.:clap:

Still use it evry time I go out Brad. We due tree work as we get job's. We cut about every weekend for our hunting ranche's, probably not as much production as some Im sure lol! But that is what has impresse'd me in the 2100 line. A saw of that age, and era you would think obsolete in today's saw's. But proven far from so! I love it!

I starte'd this thread for the muscle faction. The guy's who appreciate the big saw's. Not for the guy's who throw on there slipper's, and run to the backyard, and cut 2x4's. But the uy's who have benn on the sidehill's, and slope's rough terrain. The guy's who can size up a tree, and know they need a real saw, and good skill to fall it. Also the guy who can diesect, and dismantle one over a house or building. Real saw's real saw men. Could be or have been any brand, as long as it was proven in the wood's, rugged reliable, and powerfull. Seem's now like we are the few. I dindn't know a ms261 pro need's a decomp valve, and less vibration.

I wish I would have kept all the saw's I ever had, all size's, and model's would have had a good collection. Can't complain now but would have been cool to have them too. Finally identifie'd that one Homelite I use to have it was a 2100. A running S.O.B

used the 2100 to flush cut some poplar stumps, it was real nice to have a saw that could sweep under 30 inches of poplar at ground level and not stall out when the stump is being held up by the bar and chain, made quick work of 5 30+ inch stumps. Only problem is I ran the bar and chain in the dirt a few times there in the end and dulled up the chain pretty good, might just have to take it home and put it on the grinder. I also enjoyed the handfuls of dirt the big muffler blew into my face.

I know the stump power feel well my friend! I showe'd my buddy the other day had it dawge'd in pretty good, and saw was at idle, each time I pulle'd the triggerr it pulle'd at will. Never have to finess or back it off, when falling stumping or bucking. Doing that with my 372-044, or a 046 gotta back em off, and feed em slower. Glad your'e saw is running fine:clap:

I was worried to really run it after I dumped a bunch of money into it, but my worries were un warranted as it performed flawlessly, it even finised up the last stump after I burried the bar in about 8 inches in the dirt. You are right about dogging it in, man am I impressed with the amount of pull it has once it is dogged in, it put my 75cc saw to shame.

Before I was introduced to my 2101, that's why I got my 660 pure stump power, when you gotta Dawg hard, and need that chain to pull. Between the two I still love both, and run em the same amount. Two different breed's but beast's alike, not that you don't know, because you are in tall cotton youreself!:cheers:

I brought three saws with me on this trip the Homelite 995G, Husqvarna 2100CD, and Poulan 245A. The Homelite is way to big for anything but cutting a few cookies, and the Poulan only has a 20 inch bar on it so it would not reach across the stumps. It also wouldn't dog in and pull and had to baby it but I started with it because it was the only saw I had along that does not have a full wrap handle for flush cutting. I ended up grabing the 2100 because of its 30 inch bar and was glad I did because I finished all five stumps in the same amout of time it took me to cut the one with the Poulan. It was nice to stop in mid cut and re position myself and just grab a handful of throttle and have the chips start flying without backing it out.

I love it man! Like I was there myself. I wish they carrie'd 30in bar's more, and in stock handy size for a shorty like me. Mine has a 34, and it's managable. My 660 came with a 36, good for bucking, but just to hard being short to keep it off the ground. And I never have thrown chain's so much. Every 36in I have run throw's chain's easy in limbing. I will catch up with you tommorow night, thank's for sharing, and the **** chat!

Latest posts

Back