2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
husky2100013.jpg

Brad, I found that the 30" sugi hara .50 gauge 3/8 balances well, keeps the nose in the air when sitting on a flat surface, I don't think it would take much more to make it nose heavy. Of course it will run a 60" bar so why not stick one way out there.

Nice, they don't stock 30's around here, but a handy size Jim. I have a 34 on mine, because it was given to me. Feel's pretty good, but much over a 32 is long for my short ass.

Christ! Been trying to get on for the last @$%^&^& Hour. Slow site what's the deal? Randy, don't get frustrated. You are the real Mcoy. I was lucky to tag along with a real timber faller like you, and then become best friend's with his son. Learned a hell of alot. Met them in 87, you have a great point about spike's, and dawg's. I run into a very mixe'd bag of cutting, so I prefer two. If I was production falling I would consider trying the one. I like your'e info, post's, and pic's, and consider you a friend, and hope you feel the same. What's up Aaron how are you like a pic of the 750 up here LOL! Joe, that's awesome about the new saw, you want to part with it let me know. Love to see a pic! Brad if memory serve's me well yes both seals the same. I am glad she is going! Great stuff. I have all 3/8 for what I need, but combos Sam mentione'd shiat that saw is more than adequate! Truimph79 I think welcome! Thank's for the friend request! All great pic's my friend's I love keeping this thread alive, because it is real, not newbie or new wave just real saw's real guy's, real muscle. If I knew how to sticky I would do it. All muscle threads should stick!

Haven't done much with the Mighty 750 lately Norm. Will have a carb kit on the way shortly. I have a 33" sprocket-nose bar and a loop of .404 I can throw on it for some dirty pics this weekend. Chain's not great, but fine for pics. The saw's still soaking. That is without a doubt the DIRTIEST saw I've ever worked on. Gonna pull the "carb chamber shield" (plate on top of the carb) and carb from the saw to get some more gunk out and see what's wrong with the throttle linkage. Will check out the intake boot/carb connerctor bits, impulse line, and fuel line while I'm in there. It's kinda acting like the intake boot has an air leak...

No worrie's dude. I know you are busy, would love to see a pic of that bastard though. Hadn't seen it in year's! Hopefully it will breathe new life, because it was a runnig son of a biatch, and belonged to one of the best faller's I have met. Still trying to get some pic's from John his old man falling big timber. P.S no sticky for this legendary muscle thread?

Here it is in some solid Oak. Unfortunately, I dulled the chain early on. I was also having some oiler issues. I worked on that when I got home. None the less, it still ran well.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yBKPPQHaec8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a CRAZY oiler setup! Start with the manual assist going through the fuel tank, sealed at the bottom by an o-ring. Then you have a cover on the left side of the tank. Inside here you have two duck bill valves, the pickup line, and a plastic sleeve. Then you have oil lines that run somewhere on the front of the tank to the case. I haven't had the tank off yet to trace those, but they're intact. I've got the oiler and manual oilers both working. I'm surprised that there's no adjustment on it.

Im feeling it! That thing is running real good Brad. What size bar was that? I hate that when I dull a chain riht out the gate that suck's. I like the saw man! REP sent, because you have a knew appreciation, and alot of enthusiasm, and dindn't waste time getting it on the road:msp_thumbsup::flag::flag: You also aren't afraid to ask question's, and for help. That's nice because some guy's know it all LOL!

Im feeling it! That thing is running real good Brad. What size bar was that? I hate that when I dull a chain riht out the gate that suck's. I like the saw man! REP sent, because you have a knew appreciation, and alot of enthusiasm, and dindn't waste time getting it on the road:msp_thumbsup::flag::flag: You also aren't afraid to ask question's, and for help. That's nice because some guy's know it all LOL!

I don't know it all, but I know more than I did when I bought this old beast, thanks to you guys:clap: Every experience has a learning curve. That was a 28" Techlite bar that I bought for my 372XP buildoff saw, and was the first time I used it.

What a CRAZY oiler setup! Start with the manual assist going through the fuel tank, sealed at the bottom by an o-ring. Then you have a cover on the left side of the tank. Inside here you have two duck bill valves, the pickup line, and a plastic sleeve. Then you have oil lines that run somewhere on the front of the tank to the case. I haven't had the tank off yet to trace those, but they're intact. I've got the oiler and manual oilers both working. I'm surprised that there's no adjustment on it.

Tell me about it, the bottom O ring was dissolved when I got mine and leaked gas into the oil tank messing up all the rubber in the tank, took me a month or so to find all the parts to rebuild it.

Tell me about it, the bottom O ring was dissolved when I got mine and leaked gas into the oil tank messing up all the rubber in the tank, took me a month or so to find all the parts to rebuild it.

Either my o-ring was missing, or I blew it into orbit when I cleaned it up in there. I put it back together without knowing it was supposed to be in there and had fuel coming out the oil line when I manually pumped. A quick trip to the IPL confirmed my suspicions and a new o-ring was installed. I'm afraid I need a specail fuel resistant o-ring on there though. Fortunately, all my other parts are good, including both duck bill valves.

One for thing before I hit the hay. I checked the compression after it cooled off. It's 150 PSI, and that's with a squish >.050". That should come up nicely after I go through it. I probably won't be running it again until it's been all apart for a good bath. I plan to do some port work while I'm in there and set the squish tighter. The port work will be a little on the conservative side. No reason to risk anything.

One for thing before I hit the hay. I checked the compression after it cooled off. It's 150 PSI, and that's with a squish >.050". That should come up nicely after I go through it. I probably won't be running it again until it's been all apart for a good bath. I plan to do some port work while I'm in there and set the squish tighter. The port work will be a little on the conservative side. No reason to risk anything.

Shoot, I wouldnt touch the ports. That is nearly a collectible saw now, and from the vid, doesnt need much help in the HP department. Id leave her stock, then send it to me for a birthday present. :msp_w00t:

Good deal Brad. I dindn't know much about the 2100-01 before I got one. I knew some, knew I wante'd one. Since I have researche'd listene'd. Learned from some of these guy's, and the saw itself. Homelitejim you are a loyal owner, and follower of a true muscle beast like me. How hard is it to replace the o ring the one you mentione'd leaking gas in the oil tank. Mine is doing it a little if sit's awhile or a bumpy ride in my trailer. Not much, or to often.

Good point wigglesworth, and if I had more cash I would buy everyone that came up for sale wherever I could find. Outstanding saw's. I run mine every weekend or every chance I get to cut. Originally when I started this thread I think I threw out the question when you have one of the best can you improve the best that was built to be the best!

Good deal Brad. I dindn't know much about the 2100-01 before I got one. I knew some, knew I wante'd one. Since I have researche'd listene'd. Learned from some of these guy's, and the saw itself. Homelitejim you are a loyal owner, and follower of a true muscle beast like me. How hard is it to replace the o ring the one you mentione'd leaking gas in the oil tank. Mine is doing it a little if sit's awhile or a bumpy ride in my trailer. Not much, or to often.

There's the answer to your gas in the oil tank problem Norm. Let me know if you need help with the big Husky.:cheers:

Haven't done much with the Mighty 750 lately Norm. Will have a carb kit on the way shortly. I have a 33" sprocket-nose bar and a loop of .404 I can throw on it for some dirty pics this weekend. Chain's not great, but fine for pics. The saw's still soaking. That is without a doubt the DIRTIEST saw I've ever worked on. Gonna pull the "carb chamber shield" (plate on top of the carb) and carb from the saw to get some more gunk out and see what's wrong with the throttle linkage. Will check out the intake boot/carb connerctor bits, impulse line, and fuel line while I'm in there. It's kinda acting like the intake boot has an air leak...

Hey I recognize that bar and chain...........lol............Normzilla watch out for those rakers they were that way when I got that thing, and if Aaron tells you different, well then............you know what he's full of..............:biggrin:

Thank's Aaron, love the help never done it. Chuck say's run it. It is fine, does it a little if it sit's awhile, call me weird but I like my saw's right LOL! I know they can't be perfect, but I try and keep em close, or I'm loosing sleep at night. Jon good stuff I will lookout for the raker's LOL!

Hey I recognize that bar and chain...........lol............Normzilla watch out for those rakers they were that way when I got that thing, and if Aaron tells you different, well then............you know what he's full of..............:biggrin:

It's OK Jon. I won't tell Norm what you said about being up all night (in your underwear), filing the rakers down on that chain for maximum performance...:jester:

I'll get a new loop of chain for that bar before I seriously put it to wood. Just using what's there for now so that I have something on John's 750 while I test and tune it (he just gave me the powerhead to work on). I'll put it to wood once just to see what your 'custom' rakers do however.:D

Thank's Aaron, love the help never done it. Chuck say's run it. It is fine, does it a little if it sit's awhile, call me weird but I like my saw's right LOL! I know they can't be perfect, but I try and keep em close, or I'm loosing sleep at night. Jon good stuff I will lookout for the raker's LOL!

If Chuck sez it's OK, then I wouldn't worry too much. If you do decide to crack it open, just let me know. I'll study up on the IPL and we'll give it hell! Looked like you guys had some hot, dirty work to do. That section of roadway need it for sure. BTW....................when I was in HS I drag raced (and beat) more thana few 'hot' cars and bikes with my 1983 CR250R and CR480R right at that spot you were working yesterday. The trick was getting a good launch and shutting down my opponant before I ran out of gears. Top speed wasn't much to brag about with those bikes...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back