Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAT did some great research on what size particles cause the most fuel system damage, and as a result most of their fuel filters are 2 micron. A CAT filter swap is fairly common for other applications. Ran one on my Mercedes swapped Yota.

2 million miles is nothing BTW, probably should stop bragging about it. Worked heavy duty diesel most my life, put more miles on my service truck in a year then most will in 10 years driving. Worked on extremely high hour machines, working in some of the harshest Conditions imaginable, rebuilt thousands of engines at this point. Oil related failures are a extremely small percentage of failures. Your experience would have received the same results with any number of oils, making it an antidote at best.
You certainly seem to have a vested interest in amsoil. If not, you've reached some sort of fan Boi status that is unparalleled. You've stated, you asked several questions about their testing and certification (lack of) amd their response is "we have our oil tested by a third party." Buy didn't tell you whom the third party is. Full stop. Thats a red flag of bs to the highest degree. If you can't see that it's not my problem. Nor do I care to do the r&d you should have done when questioning them.
I put over 100,000 miles a year on a truck and that's not hard running. Are you saying you drove your service truck 1,000,000 yr or are you exaggerating to make a point.

CAT did some great research on what size particles cause the most fuel system damage, and as a result most of their fuel filters are 2 micron. A CAT filter swap is fairly common for other applications. Ran one on my Mercedes swapped Yota.
Most of the companies I drove for use Luberfiner filters. Better or worse? IDK but there must be something to it but far be it for me to question a company that is the worlds premier heavy equipment maker.

Most of the companies I drove for use Luberfiner filters. Better or worse? IDK but there must be something to it but far be it for me to question a company that is the worlds premier heavy equipment maker.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. No matter what CAT says, if you're putting 100k/yr on a truck and not having fuel issues, just keep doing exactly what you're doing.

I put over 100,000 miles a year on a truck and that's not hard running. Are you saying you drove your service truck 1,000,000 yr or are you exaggerating to make a point.
I don't recall saying I put a million miles on my service truck, 100k a year would have been a pretty accurate average, swapped trucks every 3-5 once we got out of the old f700, typically the trucks had 300-400k miles on them. We frequently got sent out to fix engines that other dealers couldn't fix, work with oem's on prototypes, and one off projects. For a 10-11 year span I basically worked 7 days a week, typically not coming back home for weeks at a time. Nearly cost me my marriage. So no, I was not exaggerating one bit.

It's called a cost point. Every major conoany does it. Luberfiner make good filters. with any sort of contract or high volume purchaser they give discounts that cat, cummins, mtu, volvo etc can't match. So long as the filter had the same specifications as the oem it's no issue.

What are you even saying?
What where the specs for the used sample and what are the specs for the new one?
Additive depletion tracks pretty close to mileage in most normal conditions btw.
I think what I am saying is perfectly clear. The vehicle and the sample are long gone, as is the report. So I cannot give you numbers any more. But if you care to get some other numbers, when Todd at Project Farm tested diesel oils, he sent in samples for oil analysis, and the Amsoil product had a higher portion of anti-wear additives and a higher base number than any of the other oils he tested, so that would allow for depletion with age and still meet new oil requirements. It also had less volatility loss.

Most diesel filters today are 10-20 ish micron rated and are capable of removing some of the additives found in oils especially the dual layered variety. I am surprised a magnetic band or cage has not been added to them in recent years.
The additives are in solution; filters will not remove them.

I think what I am saying is perfectly clear. The vehicle and the sample are long gone, as is the report. So I cannot give you numbers any more. But if you care to get some other numbers, when Todd at Project Farm tested diesel oils, he sent in samples for oil analysis, and the Amsoil product had a higher portion of anti-wear additives and a higher base number than any of the other oils he tested, so that would allow for depletion with age and still meet new oil requirements. It also had less volatility loss.
Yes, Amsoil diesel oil isn't certified so it may have had a higher additive treat rate. However, there is no way it was the same after the mileage you quoted as it or any other diesel oil was new.

Well I don’t claim to know much, but I have a 06 5.9 Cummins. Run rotalla to 12000 miles, switch to 5-30 royal purple. Sent new sample to Blackstone labs, got new oil numbers, then sent a 15000 mile oil sample, which I changed filters every 5000 miles and topped it back off. Results I could have went to 20000 , but safer at 15000. Numbers changed from new, which they are going to. Use anything it’s going to where out.

Well I don’t claim to know much, but I have a 06 5.9 Cummins. Run rotalla to 12000 miles, switch to 5-30 royal purple. Sent new sample to Blackstone labs, got new oil numbers, then sent a 15000 mile oil sample, which I changed filters every 5000 miles and topped it back off. Results I could have went to 20000 , but safer at 15000. Numbers changed from new, which they are going to. Use anything it’s going to where out.
Of course the numbers will change from new. This is to be expected by everyone except Hermio and his magic Amsoil.

I premix my 2 diesels at 200:1. One is a 1968, the other 1993. Both were designed for better diesel fuel, so if I want the pumps to last, it's a prerequisite.
FYI, neither need or require you to do that. 🙄 if anything was going to crap out it would have already. We saw a small window of injection components after ulsd was introduced with issues. It was short lived, and most of it wasn't just from the fuel. It was and Continues to be an easy way to get gullible people to blow money they don't need to. Replacing old equipment injection pumps for wear these days if far and few between, and I'm talking about customers that put more fuel through equipment in a week then you will in 5 years with zero additives used working in conditions that rival hell. We replace more injection components on modern equipment because people can't seem to understand they don't tolerate contamination.

Latest posts

Back