Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sign of the times!! No different than the automotive world these days, gas or diesel. They know there's, "... an ass for every seat", so they build and charge accordingly. These days if you make it 100k miles without major internal engine work, you've got yourself a Wednesday truck.

So after reading all 27 pages of this. I got this from the whole thing. Amsoil is a joke, Project Farms is a clown. Redarmor is king and they don't make things like they used too. Did I miss anything or forget to tick someone off? Let me state this. A guy who does a test in a garage that has no control over the conditions versus a controlled test in a lab or whatever environment, is a moron. There is a reason engineers, scientists, whoever, don't do testing in a garage. You think the CDC does testing in a garage?

So after reading all 27 pages of this. I got this from the whole thing. Amsoil is a joke, Project Farms is a clown. Redarmor is king and they don't make things like they used too. Did I miss anything or forget to tick someone off? Let me state this. A guy who does a test in a garage that has no control over the conditions versus a controlled test in a lab or whatever environment, is a moron. There is a reason engineers, scientists, whoever, don't do testing in a garage. You think the CDC does testing in a garage?
Not a bad summation.

I don't own anything new. Newest vehicle I own is my wife's 08 escape. Everything else is older. She'll keep a semi modern vehicle, I'll keep my old junk.
Same. My newest vehicle out of 5 is a 1994 Volvo 940. Oldest is a '66 Beetle. Daily is a '93 W250 with a Cummins & 5-speed, then for winter the 940. Wife has the Beetle, an '86 Grand Marquis we've owned for 21 years / 304k miles (still running the ORIGINAL driveline and electric fuel pump!) and a '93 940 for winter duty. Also have a '74 Yamaha RD350.

To hell with modern junk! I'm the one that has to work on the stuff, so anything post 1994 is forbidden here.

I just closed up shop in February of '23 after 14 years. Tired of the aggravation! Sold my '07 Silverado 1500 - first new vehicle I've ever bought in my life (and the LAST) and never looked back.

IMG_7437.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_7606.jpeg

Same. My newest vehicle out of 5 is a 1994 Volvo 940. Oldest is a '66 Beetle. Daily is a '93 W250 with a Cummins & 5-speed, then for winter the 940. Wife has the Beetle, an '86 Grand Marquis we've owned for 21 years / 304k miles (still running the ORIGINAL driveline and electric fuel pump!) and a '93 940 for winter duty. Also have a '74 Yamaha RD350.

To hell with modern junk! I'm the one that has to work on the stuff, so anything post 1994 is forbidden here.

I just closed up shop in February of '23 after 14 years. Tired of the aggravation! Sold my '07 Silverado 1500 - first new vehicle I've ever bought in my life (and the LAST) and never looked back.

View attachment 1192953

View attachment 1192954

View attachment 1192955
I like that RD!

Sign of the times!! No different than the automotive world these days, gas or diesel. They know there's, "... an ass for every seat", so they build and charge accordingly. These days if you make it 100k miles without major internal engine work, you've got yourself a Wednesday truck.
I have had only one vehicle that needed major engine work before 100K miles. That was a Ford F250 with the infamous 6.0 liter Diesel.

I am an engineer myself, and I have set-up a mini-lab in my basement. From my testing, I have scaled up successfully from bench scale to more than 10,000 to one volume increase. And I get paid $225/hour for doing it. I know other engineers who have done similar things. It is not the location that matters. It is the competency of the person doing the work. You should not pay too much attention to someone that thinks viscosity is the same as lubricity.

View attachment 1192953

View attachment 1192954

View attachment 1192955

Just sold my 08 daily driver and bought a low mile 96 for a daily driver for a reason. Catching up on some of the maintenance and am thrilled at how easily accessible and user friendly everything is. Quite happy.

I am an engineer myself, and I have set-up a mini-lab in my basement. From my testing, I have scaled up successfully from bench scale to more than 10,000 to one volume increase. And I get paid $225/hour for doing it. I know other engineers who have done similar things. It is not the location that matters. It is the competency of the person doing the work. You should not pay too much attention to someone that thinks viscosity is the same as lubricity.

A lot of enormous companies got their start..................in a garage. The company I work for got started in a chicken coop.

Wow, I am super impressed!

Now I get it, you are the guy from project farm.

Well you sure have your finger in the wind, don't you?

Would make perfect sense why he shills for project farm all the time.
If I were shilling, I would expect to get paid for it. But I do not. I happen to believe that most of what Todd does at Project Farm is well-thought out, thorough and technically sound, as well as practical and useful. I also have seen a lot of data on Amsoil, including chemical analysis, as well as more than a few anecdotal stories about how well their products work, which also matches my own experience with their products. I note that the chief detractor of both of these organizations on this forum has been quite cagey about what his supposed college degree is. I suspect it is not in science, technology, engineering or math, as he does not seem to have a clue about how science actually works.

If I were shilling, I would expect to get paid for it. But I do not. I happen to believe that most of what Todd does at Project Farm is well-thought out, thorough and technically sound, as well as practical and useful. I also have seen a lot of data on Amsoil, including chemical analysis, as well as more than a few anecdotal stories about how well their products work, which also matches my own experience with their products. I note that the chief detractor of both of these organizations on this forum has been quite cagey about what his supposed college degree is. I suspect it is not in science, technology, engineering or math, as he does not seem to have a clue about how science actually works.
I have stated what my Bachelors of Science is in. Not that it matters. For example you allegedly are a chemical engineer, but your still clueless! In addition I think anyone who has worked in industry has also worked with Engineers that where just about useless.
In my expierenace those that continually make mention of their engineering degree are compensating for something.
Perhaps you should go back to church?

I have stated what my Bachelors of Science is in. Not that it matters. For example you allegedly are a chemical engineer, but your still clueless! In addition I think anyone who has worked in industry has also worked with Engineers that where just about useless.
In my expierenace those that continually make mention of their engineering degree are compensating for something.
Perhaps you should go back to church?
Perhaps you should repeat it, as I do not remember the area of your degree. And perhaps you should learn to spell and punctuate correctly so you come across a bit better than a 2nd grader. I think my list of publications are ample proof of my engineering background. You seem to have a bit of engineering envy. That is no doubt why you feel compelled to denigrate engineers.

Latest posts

Back