Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of comments about the activities of patent offices, and strange things happen there, but if the claims of one patent application were actually identical to an already existing patent or application, they would be rejected by the patent office(s). And then the applicant would have to amend them or give up after some time.
This is the primary role of patent offices, and the people who work there are paid to check the prior art.
Direct copy, is possibly too strong of a term, modified copy possibly fit better. Reading over them (with nuch nausea really, very dry reading.) It's like someone hit copy and paste then realized they were plagiarizing, and changed enough to "make it theire own."

Shindiawa are today manufactured by Echo in Lake Zurich Illnois for the North Amercian market . You are correct within the former Kioritz-Echo nameplate prior to the merger in 2008. Don't see any Shindiawa saws within Echo dealerships North of the Border here . Not sure of South of the border or European markets. Unfortunate , my brother had a 488 that was a awesome middle weight saw .
I believe I saw them together in a dealership in Coaticook, PQ

I believe I saw them together in a dealership in Coaticook, PQ
https://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/Tech-Support/Dealer-Locator.aspx

BTW Kioritz devices long before the merger between them and Shindaiwa in 2008 came under the one-word Echo brand in America (and in other countries), not Kioritz Echo. On the other hand, the specs stated, for example, that the engine manufacturer was Kioritz.
The spelling of 'Kioritz' could also vary in the past.

https://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/Tech-Support/Dealer-Locator.aspx

BTW Kioritz devices long before the merger between them and Shindaiwa in 2008 came under the one-word Echo brand in America (and in other countries), not Kioritz Echo. On the other hand, the specs stated, for example, that the engine manufacturer was Kioritz.
The spelling of 'Kioritz' could also vary in the past.
Ok, but how does that apply to a dealer in Quebec? Neighbor bought a Shindawa chainsaw in there and was quite happy with it. It was next to the lumber yard and I used to go in for chains and stuff. This was back when the Canadian dollar was worth .65 ¢ US and the taxes were refunded at the duty free. Bought a ton of stuff up there.

Ok, but how does that apply to a dealer in Quebec? Neighbor bought a Shindawa chainsaw in there and was quite happy with it. It was next to the lumber yard and I used to go in for chains and stuff. This was back when the Canadian dollar was worth .65 ¢ US and the taxes were refunded at the duty free. Bought a ton of stuff up there.

I had no idea you wrote about Quebec.

But @north-by-northwest also asked about the availability in the US and Europe of the Shindaiwa brand. As you can see, some equipment can still be found in the American dealers' offerings.
Whereas here in Europe I can also buy both Echo and Shindaiwa. Kioritz brand rather only in Asia.

Same here no saws , i was under the impression that they had discontinued the Shindaiwa saw line within North America ? So i went online & see only small 38 cc , 43cc & 59 cc homeowner saw line up of saws . No commercial 70 cc & 80 cc class saws available . More or less , CS 400 , 490 or 620 Echo class homeowner style saws ?

I had no idea you wrote about Quebec.

But @north-by-northwest also asked about the availability in the US and Europe of the Shindaiwa brand. As you can see, some equipment can still be found in the American dealers' offerings.
Whereas here in Europe I can also buy both Echo and Shindaiwa. Kioritz brand rather only in Asia.
Coaticook, PQ. PQ is Province of Quebec. No worries.

There is a local dealer that stocks both Echo and Shindaiwa, but no chainsaws.
That's funny because I was in an Echo dealer this summer that had no chainsaws and was kinda baffled. He said he could order any saw I wanted but without being able to put my hands on one first I wasn't much interested.

Echo has always been third fiddle in the states. The best echo dealer we have around has a worse selection then the normal lawn/garden dealers do, and few stock many if any echo saws. Can get whatever other hand held you want. One even has this echo branded electric push mower. Better off going to a bug box store or ace hardware type of place for their saws.
Shindiawa is basically non existent as it's own brand. Kinda went the way of Tanaka. Bought up, pimped out and gone the way of the dodo.

Echo has always been third fiddle in the states. The best echo dealer we have around has a worse selection then the normal lawn/garden dealers do, and few stock many if any echo saws. Can get whatever other hand held you want. One even has this echo branded electric push mower. Better off going to a bug box store or ace hardware type of place for their saws.
Shindiawa is basically non existent as it's own brand. Kinda went the way of Tanaka. Bought up, pimped out and gone the way of the dodo.
Exactly Sean , Shindaiwa , Jonsered , Marayama , Tanaka North of the border are non existant with saws & even trimmers . They were quality professional grade hand helds that i wish were still available .

Exactly Sean , Shindaiwa , Jonsered , Marayama , Tanaka North of thr border are non existant with saws & even trimmers . They were quality professional grade hand helds thst i wish were still available .
Shindaiwa at one time was the trimmer to own. They have kind of withered with the Echo acquisition.
For both Echo and Shindaiwa saws are an afterthought to their trimmer and blower business.

Exactly Sean , Shindaiwa , Jonsered , Marayama , Tanaka North of the border are non existant with saws & even trimmers . They were quality professional grade hand helds that i wish were still available .

For the record, you won't find the Jonsered brand anywhere else anymore either, as Husqvarna AB decided several years ago to stop selling products under the brand. A little earlier, the same thing happened with Partner.
They joined other dead (chainsaw) brands once acquired by Electrolux, such as Jobu, Pioneer, etc.

For the record, you won't find the Jonsered brand anywhere else anymore either, as Husqvarna AB decided several years ago to stop selling products under the brand. A little earlier, the same thing happened with Partner.
They joined other dead (chainsaw) brands once acquired by Electrolux, such as Jobu, Pioneer, etc.
It's a shame Jonsered has went away. Even though they where clones of Husky saws besides the handlebar I liked the colors. They had a pretty decent following in the upper midwest.

I run Stihl orange bottle and mix 2 gallons at a time at 50:1 and add 1 once of marvel mystery oil and 2 oz of Seafoam using 90 octane non ethanol. My saws seem just fine with just a very little visible smoke on acceleration . .

Back