Best 50cc saw in the world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man i dont see what the :censored: Is so hard to understand??

59 cc is closer to 60 than 50'

52 cc is closer to 50 than 60

we did this in school, but if you want to call a 59cc saw a 50cc class saw than thats fine with me, call it a 40 cc saw if ya want!

ill take you to school mofo

I bought a 346xp (oe) from here. I opened it up and modded it. It bored me. I opened it up more, still bored. I did this four times, taking more and more out of the ports on this saw. It never did run like I thought it should.
I got pissed and drunk one night and tore down my 350. It cut circles around the 346. 346 is gone, 350 still runs like a champ!
Understand now?
(Sorry, my back has me all screwed up and I am killing on pain killers. It's nothing against anyone, I just hurt!)

I would so love to get schooled!!!
It's funny, I had the 346 and 350 for a while, both about the same mods. About EVERYBODY that ran them chose the 350.
Put a 20" bar on anything you choose, then come run against the 046 I own.
School me tool.

I bought a 346xp (oe) from here. I opened it up and modded it. It bored me. I opened it up more, still bored. I did this four times, taking more and more out of the ports on this saw. It never did run like I thought it should.
I got pissed and drunk one night and tore down my 350. It cut circles around the 346. 346 is gone, 350 still runs like a champ!
Understand now?
(Sorry, my back has me all screwed up and I am killing on pain killers. It's nothing against anyone, I just hurt!)

BTDT. The back thing. Sucks. Sucks big time. Spent years in back therapy myself.

I ran an old edition 346 and was not impressed. Sling'r modded a new edition 346 for BookerDog and it impressed the snot out of some really hard nosed grizzly torque monger logger types at the PNW GTG here last weekend. I was impressed most by their impression of that saw more than anything else there, really.

Last edited:
BTDT. The back thing. Sucks. Sucks big time. Spent years in therapy myself.

I ran an old edition 346 and was not impressed. Sling'r modded a new edition 346 for BookerDog and it impressed the snot out of some really hard nosed grizzly torque monger logger types at the PNW GTG here last weekend. I was impressed most by their impression of that saw more than anything else there, really.

Yeah, the OE's had NO tourqe!! NONE!!!!

I am glad to hear you that exited about the ne's, gives me a bit more hope. I was thinking the 353's or a slim chance at a blown up 357 were my only chance at redemption!

Comes out in the wash when you have to buy a coil for the 346.:D

No shirt? I forgot about the 346 limiter in the coil. Makes modding more spendy. The muffler I assumed, like any saw mod. :monkey:

Any other option on the 026 other than an 044 carb? Seems a bit of a steep step UP for the baby 50cc.

I just did one Monday. It was brand new and turning 15,200, and could probabaly go 15,500. That's with the felt filter. It also didn't exhibit any of the idle problems I've had with mine. They definately run very nice once modded.

I don't care who you send that 260 to, it will always be a turd! I don't know what Stihls problem is, but they can't build a 50cc saw to save their butt!!
I'm a Stihl man, but it's true!! The 260 has been dead for a long time and the 270 was a joke before it started!! And yes, I HAVE run them.

No shirt? I forgot about the 346 limiter in the coil. Makes modding more spendy. The muffler I assumed, like any saw mod. :monkey:

Any other option on the 026 other than an 044 carb? Seems a bit of a steep step UP for the baby 50cc.

I was referring to those with a cat muffler requiring a whole new muffler. The 044 carb runs like a stock saw only way stronger and faster. Mine jumped from about 15,800 to 17,400 with about 175 PSI compression. The exhaust was not raised to get these RPMs.

Back