Brand new 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im back, refreshed after a nap:)
I may need a little alone time with those pics
Let me know when you have your best offer elsewhere, take your time there is a good deal to be made here for saws or cash or saws and cash.
I am a buyer and willing to spend strongly on this saw.
shh don't tell my wife :)
DD

serial number is on the top of the saw on a small metal edge next to the muffler on the side where the bar attaches, affects value by 200-400 bucks in my mind

take the saw (not the box) out in the sunlight lay it down on a solid color blanket under a tree and give that beauty a photoshoot :)

I don't have a problem I can stop buying 1128 saws whenever I want....whenever I want....whenever I.....

Its a good sight seeing the old girl in that orange box. Ben awhile since most have done that. I kept my 1985 case of baseball cards unopened until about two years ago me and my brother opened them after McGwire's Olympic card and Dwight Gooden's rookie was worthless. Man that gum didn't taste right.

Thansk.

Its a good sight seeing the old girl in that orange box. Ben awhile since most have done that. I kept my 1985 case of baseball cards unopened until about two years ago me and my brother opened them after McGwire's Olympic card and Dwight Gooden's rookie was worthless. Man that gum didn't taste right.

Thansk.
i stihl have the box my first stihl came in. the ole 023. i think there's old beer bottles in it though. :crazy2:

Lol last digit is a 4. Sorry had to chase my kid around. So in assuming a 10mm is better than a 12?

Lol last digit is a 4. Sorry had to chase my kid around. So in assuming a 10mm is better than a 12?
It has a cult like following, I ran my Ms440 next to a 10mm and both running dual ports , mine was noticeably more peppy YMMV my compression is also 180 ish with the jug never being pulled and has no decomp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on who you talk to, but 10 mm saws do run strong. Nothing wrong with a 12 mm, and likely, that saw will never be run anyway.

The angle fin jugs (even on 12 mm) are also said to be strong runners, and if you pull the top cover (you likely don't want to), you may be able to tell who made the jug. There were various makers, there are threads on it.

I think one of the builders just built someone a like new MS 440 for about 2 large, and is is from parts, it is not an original saw.

You really got something there, I still can't get over the fact that the dealer did not know the worth of that saw. You just can't make this up.

Back