Ceramic Bearings?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re

every one that has them wants them - some people that do not have them want them - if they are any lil bit less parasitic then they do in fact make your saw cut faster there is no way that cannot be an absolut certainy - if you dont have any and you dont want any I cant see why you clicked on this thread to start with whats more I cant see why in your wildest dreams you would think your comments were worth printing - for sure I will have them in my nx modded saw - I may even get some spares to show my friends what cool bearings I have in my saw
On a side note my truck has some chrome on it - I cant see it has helped any but I like it and if a pc gets knocked Ill replace it

Its all of the above, Shoer. I have questions if anything is gained in a saw, and have questions from a cost vs.benfit point of view.
A pondo log doesnt tell a whole lot. To many variables from Operator input to differances in density.

Dean, Would you say your motors are every bit the equal of Helsel's, Cahoon's etc? How about your chain building? Is it up to Fales level?
If your answer to any of these is no, wouldnt you be better off mastering the above mentioned skill sets first before chasing miniscule if any gains from ceramic bearings?
To explain it another way. If I where to get into saw racing wouldnt my best move be to master my technique in the stock saw classes, and learn to build a top rate chain before I moved on to mod motors.

Last edited:
re

well for sure it would not be to needlessly trash out your peers nor to bash any new attempt they may have of gain'n power,speed or effeciency-dean has them-tried them-says they work - has any one tried them and found they didnt???
Iv never heard any one say he was dishonest or were dissatisfied with his work even the best of saw builders seem to hold his oppions in high reguard -you dont seem to own or want to own any or know anything about them -why do u keep bash'n him and the bearings ?

To explain it another way. If I where to get into saw racing wouldnt my best move be to master my technique in the stock saw classes, and learn to build a top rate chain before I moved on to mod motors.

Yeah that woud be a good place to start,,,,,,,, bwalker!!!!!

Go For it,,,, learn to build race chains and stop grinding axes,,,

that is unless you gonna tackle the chopin event too!!!!!!

besides you wont need any ceramic bearings in that choppin events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24D, I never trashed Dean. In fact it twas he who cast the first stone by using childish names.
When one makes a claim they should not fear questioning said claim if its valid. Yet thats not what Dean has chose to do.

24D, I never trashed Dean. In fact it twas he who cast the first stone by using childish names.
When one makes a claim they should not fear questioning said claim if its valid. Yet thats not what Dean has chose to do.

Your acting like this was the only time, you ben a boil on his butt for well over a year now, speaks well of the temperment Dean has!

Lest we forget the cat picture! sorry Dean, but that still cracks me up!

Like I said!

Now back to the Dean & Benny Show, I think there is going to be a decided winner here soon!

attachment.php

Its all of the above, Shoer. I have questions if anything is gained in a saw, and have questions from a cost vs.benfit point of view.

You're not buying the bearings.
People that are using the bearings are happy.

Why do you have a problem with that?

Why does it concern you?

You're not buying the bearings.
People that are using the bearings are happy.

Why do you have a problem with that?

Why does it concern you?

Well said. I probably won't ever have a need for ceramic bearings but if I do it's good to have the information presented here by the people who actually know what's going on.

It always ticks me off when Benny gets a hard on for something and there is just no othere point of view except his.

For anyone unfamiliar with BWALKER, just look up some of his posts. Not just the attitude of everyone being inferior to him, but the problems he has experienced:
1. Incorrect ELEMENTARY math in this thread, then slamming Dean for not getting it right
2. Tzed 250 - care to chime in on how Benny "educated" you about cylinders not actually being round? That one still makes me laugh a couple years later!
3. Stihl 026 (possibly the most popular saw ever) that was such a piece of junk he could not fathom how all of the other "stupid" people could have purchased one...
4. Snowmobiles blowing up....

He is a saw modification expert, definitely an expert on anything related to the lubrication industry, I am sure I am forgetting much more.....

Could BWALKER = SAP ????? Similar style.

I posted the below a while back when he was slamming someone else on the forum.

For someone who is such a mechanical genius, you seem to have a lot of mechanical issues. Snowmobiles blowing up, saws not oiling, pistons hitting tops of cylinders, carbs not working, etc. You cut for your own use in a wood fired exterior furnace, correct? What are you cutting...1,000 cords a year? I have worked with people who ran entire fleets who did not have a fraction of your problems.

OMG the round cylinder thing...sheesh.:laugh: You have to give it to Ben, he fights a good fight, but he has to find his info on his own. You're not gonna convince him. But he will stand his ground , right, or wrong. I just wish that civil discourse was more important.:heart:

OMG the round cylinder thing...sheesh.:laugh: You have to give it to Ben, he fights a good fight, but he has to find his info on his own. You're not gonna convince him. But he will stand his ground , right, or wrong. I just wish that civil discourse was more important.:heart:

After a year, it seems a little more like the mouse giving the eagle the finger just before it's eagle junk food.

Back