Cs620p/ms362/562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunburnedCock

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking at a pro level saw in the 60cc category. Anyone owned all 3 of these or a combination of them? Echo seems hard to beat on paper. Price, an engine assembled/engineered in Japan, competitive specs. Trying to justify the extra coin for the Husky or

Been talked through a lot, 562 and MS400C are unbeatable right now performance and weight wise. If you are on a budget or if its going to see little use get the Echo.

Been talked through a lot, 562 and MS400C are unbeatable right now performance and weight wise. If you are on a budget or if its going to see little use get the Echo.
Cost would be no object in the purchase of this. I do like the idea of the exotic materials used in the piston of the 400. I also like the weight advantage the Stihl (the 400 especially) and Husky give. But at the same time, I like the fact that the Echo has a traditional carburetor with no electronic gizmos, and it has that renowned Japanese build quality and reliability

Cost would be no object in the purchase of this. I do like the idea of the exotic materials used in the piston of the 400. I also like the weight advantage the Stihl (the 400 especially) and Husky give. But at the same time, I like the fact that the Echo has a traditional carburetor with no electronic gizmos, and it has that renowned Japanese build quality and reliability
Trust me, there is nothing wrong with electronic carbs. Still a carb at its heart just uses a solenoid to control the fuel flow so you don't need to use a screwdriver. Nothing complicated at all. If you got the 400C you will not regret it.

This 👆🏻 exactly. Neighbor has a 620 and it doesn't stand a candles chance in wind to a 562xp. I'd rather a ms400 if I was going stihl. The ms362 is an over priced turd since the 400 came out. And I've owned both the 562xp and now own a ms400. Not going back to the 562xp.

The 620p is the equivalent of an 80's era saw. It's a good saw, but heavy and slow. Money not being an object the ms400, is the way to go. Don't worry about the m-tronic. I've been running auto tune and m-trinic saws since 2012, with plenty of guys running them commercially for years with zero issues.

Latest posts

Back