General consensus - Stihl MS361 with 24" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, when you upgrade a Stihl MS 361 with a 20" bar to a 24' bar you will find out that it will not oil the bar as you hoped that it would.
It doesn't oil the OEM 20" bar sufficiently, either. (Uses ~ 1 tank of oil per 6 tanks of 2Mix.) And it's my 3rd OEM pump.
Someday, maybe I'll put in a 460 oiler, but for now, thinning the oil works (kinda)... and for big wood I now have a 660.

I guess they must have upgraded the oiler on the 362. I have run a ES light 25” bar (actually 24”) on mine and had it buried in red oak, maple and hickory with a half skip chisel tip chain and it oils just fine. I have it turned all the way up, but after gallons of fuel through the saw with the bigger bar, there is no discoloration or any burning of the bar or chains. I sharpen my chains after every full tank or sooner if I hit something in the wood or contact the dirt. If I am cutting something soft like pine, I will use normal full chisel tip chain and it still pulls just fine.

Latest posts

Back