Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
330 find

went by my local recycling yard and found this and a C5 in the dumpster. lucky thing i'm a dumpster diver from way back. squirted some mix in the carb just to see if it would pop; it runs. it needs the clutch cover, guide plates, bar nuts, clutch shoes (has shoes but needs wearing surface-they kinda flew off when i cranked it (knew it would happen but didn't care since they were worn out), sprocket, sprocket nut, assorted clutch/sprocket washers, and air filter; then i can see if the oiler works or not.
the C5 needs a carb, clutch cover, guide plates, pulley spring, and bar nuts.
p/c look clean on both. anyone able to help? does the clutch/sprocket from the C5 fit the 330?
might be willing to swap parts. would like to get the 330 going sooner than the C5. pics of the C5 on next post

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Just wanted to post up my latest Homelite: the 2100 S. Been looking for one for awhile. Still have a little tinkering to do to get her to run perfect, but I posted a vid to show that she is a runner. Sporting a 36" Cannon Bar and 404 chain.

001-9.jpg

003-10.jpg

[video=youtube;CdC2Ll4wr44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdC2Ll4wr44&feature=feedu[/video]

Jerry I can help you with an intake manifold for the C-5, and maybe a carb and clutch cover too. Will have to check on those last two. The clutch from the C-5 won't work on the 330.

Homelite Wiz 55

I need a fuel tank gasket for the above saw. I have 3 or 4 for the models 66 and 80. They are different and I can not find the part number for the 55 gasket. If anyone has one please send me a PM. Or if anyone needs one for the 66 or 80 model send me a PM. Thanks Tom PS Or knows a supplier that may have one. I do not want to make one.

Homelite EZ

I have a Homelite original EZ model saw that looks the same as my Zip chainsaw. According to Acres site it has 82ccs to the Zips 77ccs. It is missing the flywheel starter assembly and cover but flywheel is there, cylinder cover, oil cap, and clutch cover. The saw is not locked up. Was wondering if I could take the jug and piston and put it on the Zip and keep it for other parts for it or better off it one of you guys could use it for parts.

went by my local recycling yard and found this and a C5 in the dumpster. lucky thing i'm a dumpster diver from way back. squirted some mix in the carb just to see if it would pop; it runs. it needs the clutch cover, guide plates, bar nuts, clutch shoes (has shoes but needs wearing surface-they kinda flew off when i cranked it (knew it would happen but didn't care since they were worn out), sprocket, sprocket nut, assorted clutch/sprocket washers, and air filter; then i can see if the oiler works or not.
the C5 needs a carb, clutch cover, guide plates, pulley spring, and bar nuts.
p/c look clean on both. anyone able to help? does the clutch/sprocket from the C5 fit the 330?
might be willing to swap parts. would like to get the 330 going sooner than the C5.

I think I have a 330 parts saw. Lemme check.

I need a fuel tank gasket for the above saw. I have 3 or 4 for the models 66 and 80. They are different and I can not find the part number for the 55 gasket. If anyone has one please send me a PM. Or if anyone needs one for the 66 or 80 model send me a PM. Thanks Tom PS Or knows a supplier that may have one. I do not want to make one.

Have you checked with chainsawlady/joyce?

Tom I will look up that part # for you tomorrow morning if you still need it. I don't have the gasket however.

I have a Homelite original EZ model saw that looks the same as my Zip chainsaw. According to Acres site it has 82ccs to the Zips 77ccs. It is missing the flywheel starter assembly and cover but flywheel is there, cylinder cover, oil cap, and clutch cover. The saw is not locked up. Was wondering if I could take the jug and piston and put it on the Zip and keep it for other parts for it or better off it one of you guys could use it for parts.

I believe it will bolt up. I'll double check the IPL's for possible issues tomorrow morning. If you do the swap, I'd be interested in that red flyweel cover on the EZ if you part the saw out.

Last edited:

Tom, I looked through IPLs for a Wiz, a Super Wiz, and then started related stuff like a 5-20, etc, and NONE of them showed the tank seperated with a gasket and its part number :msp_thumbdn:. All the IPL showed was the complete tank. Sorry but no help here.

Dan

Homelite EZ

Tom I will look up that part # for you tomorrow morning if you still need it. I don't have the gasket however.

I believe it will bolt up. I'll double check the IPL's for possible issues tomorrow morning. If you do the swap, I'd be interested in that red flyweel cover on the EZ if you part the saw out.

Have you been able to check on this? I'm in no hurry as I am waiting on a clutch cover for the Zip anyhow and dont really know how well the saw does in wood anyhow. I think on Acres site that it says the Zip has 3.5 HP as to the EZ having 5 HP with just that 5cc difference.

Have you been able to check on this? I'm in no hurry as I am waiting on a clutch cover for the Zip anyhow and dont really know how well the saw does in wood anyhow. I think on Acres site that it says the Zip has 3.5 HP as to the EZ having 5 HP with just that 5cc difference.

Haven't gotten to the IPL's yet. I'll do so tomorrow morning. Those HP ratings sound a bit off. I've ran both 77 and 82cc saws in this family. They're not that far apart. Both will run a 20-28" bar without trouble. My EZ6 has a 26" hardnose with a loop of Oregon 27 .404.

Just looked at the Zip series and Original EZ IPL's. They use the same base gasket and connecting rod. The piston for the EZ was used in the 600D (which is an 82cc Zip with a pyramid reed intake). You should be good to go with the swap if you feel the need. I've seen several base gaskets on feebay. Part #55050-A or 56864. Either will work. The 56864 gasket superceded the 55050-A gasket on the same saws.

Latest posts

Back