Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Germans copied a lot of Homelite designs.

I have no Idea what you're talking about....

000_0199.jpg

Homelite C-5

I need to replace my Homelite fuel line and filter in a C-5. This is a project saw that I have not yet tried to start. Does this saw take 5/16" OD x 3/16" ID fuel line? Can I get it from McHenry's or a small engine shop. What filter should I get and can I get it at the same shops? I plan on changing the ignition from points to a Nova II ignition module. This doesn't seem very complicated. Aaron told me what fuel line to get but I accidently deleted the PM. Any tips appreciated. I will be tearing into this saw and a Zip tonight in class.

I need to replace my Homelite fuel line and filter in a C-5. This is a project saw that I have not yet tried to start. Does this saw take 5/16" OD x 3/16" ID fuel line? Can I get it from McHenry's or a small engine shop. What filter should I get and can I get it at the same shops? I plan on changing the ignition from points to a Nova II ignition module. This doesn't seem very complicated. Aaron told me what fuel line to get but I accidently deleted the PM. Any tips appreciated. I will be tearing into this saw and a Zip tonight in class.

Hiya Randy.

The in-tank line is 3/16" ID Tygon-type line. The OD of this line isn't critical. There are a few different OD 3/16" ID Tygon-type lines available. Use whatever flexible Tygon-type line you can find so long as it's 3/16" ID. You'll be able to get that at any good small engine shop. You should be able to get a saw/blower in-tank filter to fit 3/16" ID line at the same shop. I use a Stihl filter intended for many larger Stihl chainsaws and backpack blowers. I don't have the PN right now though. I just ask for an in-tank filter for 3/16" ID line.

I like to use 3/16" ID automotive fuel line between the tank and the carb. The larger O/D of that line seals against the pass-thru hole in the carb box casting. You can get that at any auto parts store. I haven't experimented with the Nova type modules, but the installation seems pretty straight forward. Just make sure you mount it somewhere where the wires don't get snagged by the flywheel fins or chafe against a sharp edge.

Starter for 1130G

The starter on my 1130G gave out at the AR/OK GTG. Need to try and find a replacement or the parts to fix the one on it. I have attached pictures of the starter on the machine. It is mission one of the small keepers that hold the pawl on. This setup looks different that what the IPL shows - figure someone replaced the origional with this one. Also a shot of the flywheel.

View attachment 206161View attachment 206162View attachment 206163View attachment 206164
206161d1320707137-p1010023-jpg

206162d1320707140-p1010024-jpg

206163d1320707142-p1010025-jpg

206164d1320707145-p1010026-jpg

If you can help, please PM me with the cost and I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Hal

Last edited:
Looks like a C-52 type starter adapted to fit. Pretty sure all 1130s came with the same conventional 2-pawl type starter as used on the later 1020, 1050, C-72 and 2000 models. Think some early 1130s had a screen on the flywheel instead of the outside screen, but used the same parts otherwise all these shared the same flywheel, pawls, pulley, etc. Bet you can dig up the proper original parts without too much trouble.

Dan

The little brown truck showed up with the missing link to my Homelite collection this morning.....A minty 8800! Thanks for making the deal Sir.

That is it......................I'm cured.................No more saw for this guy!

Mostly, I'm just showing off but one could understand my excitement?!?

Last one...... Really.... You actually believe that?? You mean the last one until you find the next last one, right?

I am tickled to know the saw went to someone who is going to treat it like it deserves. I was actually very upset when I found the paint damage by the muffler because it happened in my care, must have happened when I took it to the show in Butner even though I had wrapped the saw in a towel.

Really, these three are an exception to the rule. Most I've seen have no paint on the front. Not as bad as the 410's but still paintless.

Last one...... Really.... You actually believe that?? You mean the last one until you find the next last one, right?

I am tickled to know the saw went to someone who is going to treat it like it deserves. I was actually very upset when I found the paint damage by the muffler because it happened in my care, must have happened when I took it to the show in Butner even though I had wrapped the saw in a towel.

Yeah, I said that also, two weeks ago, or should I say, 6 chainsaws ago!

The starter on my 1130G gave out at the AR/OK GTG. Need to try and find a replacement or the parts to fix the one on it. I have attached pictures of the starter on the machine. It is mission one of the small keepers that hold the pawl on. This setup looks different that what the IPL shows - figure someone replaced the origional with this one. Also a shot of the flywheel.

206164d1320707145-p1010026-jpg

Thanks,

Hal

You are missing one of the dogs. But, I guess you know that.

Expand your search to inclued C5 starter dogs. Heck, I think that is a C5 rewind assembly.

They work well once you get them dialed in.

Last edited:

206163d1320707142-p1010025-jpg

Thanks,

Hal

Here are some homelite ones

NEW HOMELITE Starter Shoe | eBay

I bought these for Stihl starters and used them on Homelite starters.
I used them on other FM starters too.

STIHL Chainsaw Starter Friction Shoe 041 042 070 090 TS | eBay

Last edited:
Hey Fellas, Anybody know what other models share the same seals with the 707D? Are there any on ebay?

Thanks,

Hal

Hal Have I thanked you and told you how much I appreciate you for your dedicated service to our country???

Thanks big Guy!!!! its guys like you that took care of my boy when he did both of his tours,,,, May God Bless,,, RR2'ed

Last edited:
XL-101 muffler.

Anybody have a muffler for an XL-101 or any of the other 100ish types?

Need one to finish my second auto-oiler. Got it running this evening but it had to share a muffler with its twin brother. Co-joined twins?

Pictures tomorrow.

Anybody have a muffler for an XL-101 or any of the other 100ish types?

Need one to finish my second auto-oiler. Got it running this evening but it had to share a muffler with its twin brother. Co-joined twins?

Pictures tomorrow.

Do you have a pic of the one you have? I have a few mufflers here but don't remember what that one looks like.

Latest posts

Back