Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's pics of one off a Super 650. Think its the same parts used throughout the series. This is the only one I've ever came across. Been harder to find than 750 pistons :msp_biggrin:.

Dan

Another oddball is the brake for the XL-925. Never even knew they existed until a while back a few were sold on feebay. Think they were from a fire department.

Dan

I remember those. There were about 1/2 dozen saws (all with short 'ventilation' type bars with slots cut out, and ALL with CB's) plus a few CB clutch covers. All from the same seller. I REALLY wish I'd gotten one of those covers. They got bid higher than some complete SXL-925's were going for at that time IIRC.

I never realized the 650-750 had a chainbrake option.
Thanks for the pic's Chris and Dan.
Chris, Your saw has the two holes on the handle for the
hand guard as well.

Lee

This is the only 750 I have seen with a chain brake fitted out here in Australia. The saw is not mine, but I hope to add it to my 750 account.
It was used by a pro faller years ago, and has since been laid up.

Chris.

This is the only 750 I have seen with a chain brake fitted out here in Australia. The saw is not mine, but I hope to add it to my 750 account.
It was used by a pro faller years ago, and has since been laid up.

Chris.

That would be a very nice addition to your
collection Chris. A very nice and rare option
for a 750. Wouldn't mind having one myself.

Lee

got three EZ Auto carcasses that i hope can result in 1 or 2 runners. each has a different type no. (10104, 10403A, 10580A). how many EZ Auto types were there? are all the parts interchangeable? anything i need to know about these saws before i start in on them? is there any good EZ Auto rebuild threads in the archives? i can't find nothin in the archives. thanks

The last 3 weeks I have noticed a lot of super xl's in the scrap so I started to pick some up, here is the latest haul.

Photo0618.jpg

2 923's
2 925's
1 870

got three EZ Auto carcasses that i hope can result in 1 or 2 runners. each has a different type no. (10104, 10403A, 10580A). how many EZ Auto types were there? are all the parts interchangeable? anything i need to know about these saws before i start in on them? is there any good EZ Auto rebuild threads in the archives? i can't find nothin in the archives. thanks

anyone got anything on this?

4 bolt muffler says it's not C-series or 1000 - think you've found a seven cuber there, but wait for the experts before you start jumping up and down too much.

The last 3 weeks I have noticed a lot of super xl's in the scrap so I started to pick some up, here is the latest haul.

2 923's
2 925's
1 870

Once again Jim.....You Suck! Same goes for your latest Poulan score.

Is this a C9 (ish) or what?

Handle looks bent.

Carl go get that saw. Get it RIGHT NOW. It's a 7-cube Homelite for sure. As stated, pics of the other side will be helpful in identification. I'm leaning towards 2000 right now. When we see the flywheel cover we'll be able to get closer to an exact ID.

Carl go get that saw. Get it RIGHT NOW. It's a 7-cube Homelite for sure. As stated, pics of the other side will be helpful in identification. I'm leaning towards 2000 right now. When we see the flywheel cover we'll be able to get closer to an exact ID.

Do this help?

attachment.php

Shot the seller an email. I hate it when they don't list a phone number.

Last edited:
Homelite 2000. A 2100 would have the two piece flywheel/cylinder cover. Get the bugger. The broken flywheel cover and possible missing starter parts (based on the pic) can be replaced easily enough. Check the P/C through the exhaust port before negotiating however. Replacement P/C's are spendy.........when you can find 'em.

Back