Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do this help?

attachment.php

Shot the seller an email. I hate it when they don't list a phone number.

It is a 2000, but the cylinder clearly has the mounting bosses drilled for a 2100 style external coil. I believe that the cylinder is not the original, not that it matters. Probably has a a thick two ring piston. Hopefully the p & c are in good shape. Nice find, but I wouldn't pay a ton of money for it.

Do this help?

attachment.php

Shot the seller an email. I hate it when they don't list a phone number.

For sure a 2000.

I have one on the bench right now and converting it to a 2050 model. :jester:

Mine is missing the rear cover like the one in your pic.

I am mounting a 2100 starter and rear shroud because the 2000 cover is real tough to find.

Conversion will require a slight grinding mod on the rear cover and a longer shaft starter pulley.

Also going to replace the low performance 2000 muffler with the super high output 2100 TURBO FLOW performance muff. :rock::rock:

DSCN1442.jpg

Mine has the Dyke ring and was missing the decompression pin when it came in and still hit 125 with an open port and ran like that.

Pic shows a a good used pin and spring in place now.

DSCN1443.jpg

Last edited:
Took about one minute to trim this tab off the 2100 shroud to fit it to the 2000 model.

The 2000 has a tin cover and a prone to break off at the muffler mount side.

Without the rear cover you have no place for the decomp retent to catch on.

DSCN1447-Copy.jpg

All I need now is to add the muff and bar and go make some test cuts.:msp_biggrin:

DSCN1445-Copy.jpg

FYI a C-5 starter fan cover will work on the 2000 with some slight dremel action on a couple of fins to clear the recoil assembly. That is what mine has on it now as the fan cover was half filled with epoxy from it being broken like pictured above.

After a round trip of 50 miles.

Met the seller at a gas station at Tracy Mo.. Drug Mother and grandson along.:givebeer:

Old Homie has some injuries.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Compression feels great turning the flywheel by hand. Gas tank stinks, natch'.

Be a while 'till we get to him. A Poulan and Pioneer are ahead of him.

Met the seller at a gas station at Tracy Mo.. Drug Mother and grandson along.:givebeer:

Old Homie has some injuries.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Compression feels great turning the flywheel by hand. Gas tank stinks, natch'.

Be a while 'till we get to him. A Poulan and Pioneer are ahead of him.

oy vay. whatcha gonna say. still a good score

evening up the score

So I have two Echos, three Stihls, three Pioneers (not enough), three mag Poulans (not enough), and only one mag Homelite (need more).
I figured if another of the "need more" saws that looked good came up I'd get one. Went to my "go to guy" for old saws and he gave it the thumbs up so I pulled the trigger on a running XL-902AM which I think is a Canadian version of the XL-901.
A good friend picked it up tonight for me and is dropping it off Thursday. He said it was really loud.

Looking forward to it. Pics to follow.

SXL ignition?

Fellow I got the 2000 from has a SXL with dead electronic ignition. Don't know if it is the infamous blue coil or not yet.

Seems to me it would be possible to fit the points style coil and bracket and use an Atom module since it likely don't have a crank with the points cam. I have a points style flywheel on hand.

Do-able?

Nice score on the Homelite Carl. I find myself needing one of them more and more. Got a touch of the Homelite virus. :pumpkin2:

Interesting story today. I traded a new saw for a lot of saws and some cash. Seller mentioned that he did not have enough cash so offered another saw in addition. Saw was a C-51. The irony of the deal is this saw was owned by my family and my father asked me to sell it back in July. So I sold it to a guy an hour north west of home and ended up getting it back from a different guy an hour southeast of home 5 months later

asset.php

Interesting story today. I traded a new saw for a lot of saws and some cash. Seller mentioned that he did not have enough cash so offered another saw in addition. Saw was a C-51. The irony of the deal is this saw was owned by my family and my father asked me to sell it back in July. So I sold it to a guy an hour north west of home and ended up getting it back from a different guy an hour southeast of home 5 months later

asset.php

Just like a lost dog coming home. I guess it belongs with you.

Back