Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda what I was thinking. It is a little worse for wear but not bad. I guess I should keep it as it was the first saw I ever ran.

I would keep it,I have both of my fathers saws and plan on keeping them in the family.

found a great parts saw today, was hoping it would be a runner but it sat to long and the plating in the cylinder is bad.

Photo0627.jpg

Photo0628.jpg

Photo0629.jpg

Photo0630.jpg

That 450 is a good parts saw. The clutch cover and the bottom handle brace are often broken, but yours are not. Keep your eyes open, you will find a good saw to mate with that one.

Also, check it out, I think that 450 may actually be a 550. The handlebar and tank look like they are off a 550.

Last edited:
Super EZ decompression

Has anyone disabled the decompression to help with starting? My EZ will try to start then fumble. If i try to start it with out the fast idle\decompression on it trys better but needs more fast idle catch and run, just asking i like them to start up better.

That 450 is a good parts saw. The clutch cover and the bottom handle brace are often broken, but yours are not. Keep your eyes open, you will find a good saw to mate with that one.

Also, check it out, I think that 450 may actually be a 550. The handlebar and tank look like they are off a 550.

that is funny, I was thinking when pulling it apart that I should measure the bore, the cylinder looks huge, more than 70cc, I may have to pull it out of the bucket and see.

Jon's been rebuilding a SXL925. He's taken a bunch of pics of the process so I'll be posting a thread.

Needed for a Homelite 2000:

Fan Housing
Recoil Cover
Cylinder Shield
Wrap Handle.

attachment.php

I need a fan housing just so I can cobble him together enuff to pull him over.:help: Have no idea as to compression and spark at present.

Lots of old mag. stuff to trade or CIF (cash-in-fist).

Carl

Xl-902am

I AM YELLING BEACAUSE I AM DEAF FROM THIS SAW. I guess the muffler doesn't need to be opened up.

I got the saw back together after cleaning up the starter, replacing the fuel line and putting a better pump side diaphram in the carb. The return spring on the carb is very weak and won't return the throttle all the way so I need to do something there and I need a new outer spring shield for the starter. The lower front starter bolt hole is stripped so I will either insert it or drill and tap for a larger size screw. The manual oiler is working fine but the auto oiler is not.

Other than that it runs pretty well. Seems to have lots of power.

I will have to get more gas tonight so I can tune the high side.

It came with a 16" bar which is pretty lame for the saw so I will put a 20” it when I have some time.

It's pretty smooth for a non AV saw. I like it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I AM YELLING BEACAUSE I AM DEAF FROM THIS SAW. I guess the muffler doesn't need to be opened up.

I got the saw back together after cleaning up the starter, replacing the fuel line and putting a better pump side diaphram in the carb. The return spring on the carb is very weak and won't return the throttle all the way so I need to do something there and I need a new outer spring shield for the starter. The lower front starter bolt hole is stripped so I will either insert it or drill and tap for a larger size screw. The manual oiler is working fine but the auto oiler is not.

It came with a 16" bar which is pretty lame for the saw so I will put a 20” it when I have some time.

:msp_thumbsup:
I told you you'd like that saw Tim. That saw would easily run a 16-24" bar with a 3/8-8 rim. Put a 24" bar on the sucker (at least).

:msp_thumbsup:
I told you you'd like that saw Tim. That saw would easily run a 16-24" bar with a 3/8-8 rim. Put a 24" bar on the sucker (at least).

You were right! I will definitely wear muffs with this one. It will keep the neighbors on their toes.
My youngest daugher gave me a lecture on health and safety regarding hearing protection. Getting old is a beotch.

Check to see if the spring is 'wound' correctly on the shaft. If not, you can remove the throttle blade and give it another trun. Be shure to center the blade before you tighten the screw.

Iv been on a bad Homelite kick here lately. I have somehow managed to scrounge up 4 1020/1050 saws! Hopefully Ill be able to make 2 nice runners :)

Looks like you boys had a pretty good time!!!:laugh::laugh: Any video of that 1130/3100 in the back-ground sporting that big bar?

AND Aaron, you were looking right at home.

Randy the two saws with the big bars up on the log (on the other side of me) are a Husky 394XP and a Stihl 090AV. There were no Homelite gear drives ran at this GTG to my knowledge. Dave ran his 1-61 and 660 McCulloch gear drives. Charlie ran his Wright C70 direct drive, and the 'other' Bob (and I) ran his C-52 Homelite. I also ran my McCulloch 740W1 direct drive, McCulloch SP-81, and JP's Poulan Pro 655BP.

Back