Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think that sounded alright? I thought it sounded a little rich to me...

I will have to let the experts here say for sure but to me it sounded like it didn't ever really "cleared out". Not being familiar with a Zip Im just comparing it to my later model saws. I dont like to run these old lead sleds WOT on a bench so I tuned when I was out cutting and could cut, tune, cut tune etc. Didnt take long and the saw let me know when it was happy.

My Homelites are Kind of PO'd at me right now anyway, I drug home a McCulloch Saw :laugh:

See my sig line. It sounded fine to me.............from what I could hear on my phone.

I posted in the old mag thread also,

Do any of you old mag Homie types know if the XL piston and SXL are the same or is it a bore and stroke difference? i have a nice looking SXL that has a scored piston and am looking for a donor.

Stroke is the same. Bore is different. You can swap them back and forth as an assembly (meaning you can swap matched P/C sets). My blue/white XL-12 has an SXL-AO P/C on it now.

not a big collection but big enough for now until the next one shows up
projects - xl-2's, ez auto's, 150
runners - sxlao, c5, 330, 410
but, like my sig says i'm an equal opportunity saw lover. just sayin.
startin to wonder "what the h am i doing with all these saws? i must be sick (like the ol says) or something:msp_smile:"

If you ever decide to let one of the Super Ezs go, let me know. I am looking for a piston for mine. Was my grad dad's saw and would like to rebuild that someday. Can't find any around here. Hell I have a 150 here. All the parts are fine. just the clutch is gone. Ran fine till it locked up. Have no clue why it did. Has a perfect piston and was not ran lean or hot. Damn thing just locked up for no reason. If your up for it, I would do a trade for a SEZ if you need parts for that 150...

If you ever decide to let one of the Super Ezs go, let me know. I am looking for a piston for mine. Was my grad dad's saw and would like to rebuild that someday. Can't find any around here. Hell I have a 150 here. All the parts are fine. just the clutch is gone. Ran fine till it locked up. Have no clue why it did. Has a perfect piston and was not ran lean or hot. Damn thing just locked up for no reason. If your up for it, I would do a trade for a SEZ if you need parts for that 150...

i'll keep that in mind. gotta rebuild it first so's i can see what's left over. if ur sez has a perfect piston, why you need another one? have you taken it apart yet? may be salvageable.

Update on C-51 Coil situation.

Not one single small egine shop in town had (or were not willing to sell ) any 5mm wire. Wife said Merry Christmas and ordered me a 20" roll and 6 boots. Allthough running great my other C-51 wire seems in distress so I can fix her up to. Thanks a lot for the help guys.
'

attachment.php

That's gonna be the new wallpaper for my laptop...........despite it being posted in the wrong thread.......within minutes of the last post (so the ERB's 24hr rule deosn't apply)...:rolleyes:

That's gonna be the new wallpaper for my laptop...........despite it being posted in the wrong thread.......within minutes of the last post (so the ERB's 24hr rule deosn't apply)...:rolleyes:

That is my rule, this is the paccity eyecandy rule. If they retaliate, I'll find them on one or the other sites and ban them....:hmm3grin2orange:

and i was getting worried about the mac thread for a while . but was saved with a few pic's of something made of mag.;)

Update on C-51 Coil situation.

Not one single small egine shop in town had (or were not willing to sell ) any 5mm wire. Wife said Merry Christmas and ordered me a 20" roll and 6 boots. Allthough running great my other C-51 wire seems in distress so I can fix her up to. Thanks a lot for the help guys.
'

I had the same problem with the 5mm wire on a Poulan 202. No 5 mm wire anywhere in town even though some weedwacker engines use it. I changed out the coil (Wico) to one of the much more common 7mm type.

Had the same problem finding 5mm copper wire in town. If you search for "24-8776 spark plug wire" you can find some online sources. I like the original better since this stuff has printed on it that its from china, but its all I was able to find.
Dan

Latest posts

Back