Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's gonna be the new wallpaper for my laptop...........despite it being posted in the wrong thread.......within minutes of the last post (so the ERB's 24hr rule deosn't apply)...:rolleyes:

I saw that right after I posted. I kept going back and forth thinking I had posted in the McC section instead of the Homelite. A worthy pic for any section though IMO :msp_thumbup:

I had the same problem with the 5mm wire on a Poulan 202. No 5 mm wire anywhere in town even though some weedwacker engines use it. I changed out the coil (Wico) to one of the much more common 7mm type.

Had the same problem finding 5mm copper wire in town. If you search for "24-8776 spark plug wire" you can find some online sources. I like the original better since this stuff has printed on it that its from china, but its all I was able to find.
Dan

You can get it locally if you can stomach walking into a creamsicle dealership. They sell it by the foot. It's used on many of their older small saws and on the trimers/wackers and such.

Someone paged?

Check this out... picked it up today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Anyone got info on this?

They were used by the military...........IIRC in Vietnam. A guy here bought the engine and blower from one of those on a feebay auction a while ago. Where the heck did you find that one Kyle? Tradeja an SXL-AO or 10-10A for it.:D

Got this in a few days ago. I saw one of these full wrap 410s years ago, but never could find another--none of the IPLs I have even list the handle.

Pretty good lookin' saw, even with the messed up fuel/oil line routing.

Chris B.

410_1-1_zps5344714e.jpg

410_2-1_zps1d46aed5.jpg

They were used by the military...........IIRC in Vietnam. A guy here bought the engine and blower from one of those on a feebay auction a while ago. Where the heck did you find that one Kyle? Tradeja an SXL-AO or 10-10A for it.:D

Oh, it was at an auction, but not on fleabay...

I'm tickled over it... it looks like it could not only blow chemical dust around, but also leaves.

Hey, maybe I could kill the insects and clean the leaves out of the yard at the same time! :D

As for the trade... not sure yet. This thing even runs! So... not much tinkering needed on it. Will be checking the gear case oil like the sticker says before running it.

I saw it and immediately though 'Vietnam' like you did, because I recognized the Homelite to be from that era. Maybe used to kill weeds and insects before setting up a M.A.S.H. base or the like somewhere in the jungle?

Oh, it was at an auction, but not on fleabay...

I'm tickled over it... it looks like it could not only blow chemical dust around, but also leaves.

Hey, maybe I could kill the insects and clean the leaves out of the yard at the same time! :D

As for the trade... not sure yet. This thing even runs! So... not much tinkering needed on it. Will be checking the gear case oil like the sticker says before running it.

I saw it and immediately though 'Vietnam' like you did, because I recognized the Homelite to be from that era. Maybe used to kill weeds and insects before setting up a M.A.S.H. base or the like somewhere in the jungle?

That thing is defiantly cool!

You can get it locally if you can stomach walking into a creamsicle dealership. They sell it by the foot. It's used on many of their older small saws and on the trimers/wackers and such.

Only under extreme circumstance.

Big 4 Hardware has the best starter rope in town.

Your blower/duster looks like something the R.E.M.F. s would need.

That's my luck... I'm banned (self-imposed) from entering the only local stihl dealer here. I got enough of the stens stuff to last for a while though.

Dan

Got this in a few days ago. I saw one of these full wrap 410s years ago, but never could find another--none of the IPLs I have even list the handle.

Chris B.

Sweet looking saw Chris. I've wondered about these full wraps too. Never read any info in an IPL, service memo, nuttin'. Maybe they were aftermarket, but they sure look original. Been tempted to see if they are the same as on a 540/8800, but I think they are a bit different. I noticed one ended on feebay a little while ago. Not cheap, but these things are hard to find.

Dan

Update on C-51 Coil situation.

Not one single small egine shop in town had (or were not willing to sell ) any 5mm wire. Wife said Merry Christmas and ordered me a 20" roll and 6 boots. Allthough running great my other C-51 wire seems in distress so I can fix her up to. Thanks a lot for the help guys.
'

i got some 6mm (iirc) and screwed it right in. tight fit but it did fit.

Someone paged?

Check this out... picked it up today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Anyone got info on this?

That guy was me.:msp_smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sweet looking saw Chris. I've wondered about these full wraps too. Never read any info in an IPL, service memo, nuttin'. Maybe they were aftermarket, but they sure look original. Been tempted to see if they are the same as on a 540/8800, but I think they are a bit different. I noticed one ended on feebay a little while ago. Not cheap, but these things are hard to find.

Dan

Even if you could find a 540/8800 full wrap (and that's a big IF) would you want to waste it on a 410?

Mine sure looks factory--nothing homemade about it.

Chris B.

Even if you could find a 540/8800 full wrap (and that's a big IF) would you want to waste it on a 410?

Mine sure looks factory--nothing homemade about it.

Chris B.

Na, what I meant was, that maybe back in say 1992, a man buys a 410 and says "I sure would like a full wrap on this saw". The Homelite dealer says, "well, they don't come factory with 'em, but ya know what, we can tack on this one off a this 540 saws for an extra $5. These fit the 410s perfectly." That's what I meant. Ain't sure but it may be these are the same part. Then again, may not be. Also, nothing about homemade, but there were aftermarket parts suppliers even back in the day, that may have made these full wraps. Again, just maybe. Something has to explain where these things originated.

Dan

That's a nice saw. Haven't been able to find one here yet. The 35SL had lots of changes compared with the 350/360. The ignition was changed to a one-piece module (think it was the same as on the 330) from the 360's 2 piece. Also, the air filter setup was changed. The chain-brake was used on some 350/360s, but think it was on all the 35SLs (That's what the SL designator meant on several of the pro series models.) Can't beat one for free! :rock:

Dan

Had a chance to work on it this afternoon and got it running after cleaning it up. Just have to tune the carb right now.... where should I be starting? I know on the Jonsered 630 I got at the same time, it says to start with 1 1/4 turns out on both H and L screws....

Thanks again!

Had a chance to work on it this afternoon and got it running after cleaning it up. Just have to tune the carb right now.... where should I be starting? I know on the Jonsered 630 I got at the same time, it says to start with 1 1/4 turns out on both H and L screws....

Thanks again!

One to one and a half works for most every saw. Once you get it running it will tell you what works the best.

Mr. Bow Saw, did you buy that one in that condition, or did you restore it like you do with nearly everything else you get?

That thing is nice... real nice.

Chris B.

410_1-1_zps5344714e.jpg

410_2-1_zps1d46aed5.jpg

Nice pick up, I like it.

Mr. Bow Saw, did you buy that one in that condition, or did you restore it like you do with nearly everything else you get?

That thing is nice... real nice.

Thanks,:msp_smile:
It did not have a front handle when I got it. The throttle cable and kill switch were
like yours. I fixed all that and a carb kit. I got it running, the blower is pretty strong.
Its not loud with that muffler on it. Then I cleaned it up and painted it.

Latest posts

Back